Website Frustrations!!

In my opinion the early stuff is supplied because so many are so eager to get it and Cliff & Co are so excited about showing it off. I think that’s cool.

I agree 100%. From what I understand, Cliff had most everything ready but was waiting on a Badger he had purchased to arrive so he could add that amp to v7. But the seller ended up sending it USPS and not UPS (longer ship time). I think he was as anxious to show us v7 as we were to have it.

I dont get your point with the firmware.
There is no 6.03 and yes 6.02 was released in June.
The presets were released with 6.00 so offc they are dated earlier.
Personally i would not want to wait for AE new vers just so i can get all in 1, but rather have the stuff when they are done.
Regarding public beta, i think its a brilliant idea.
Lovely that minor bugs get cought this way before release. If you dont like the Beta idea, then simply dont install it.

There really wasn't an issue with the fact we had access to the beta. This is why I called it a side note. It was more just the fact it was only released two days prior to the official release. I'm getting the impression nobody finds that out of the ordinary? It's not a big deal. Fractal has it's beta testers and they are there for a reason.

I was more or less wondering that if you knew that official release would be out in the next couple of days. Why put out a public beta. That's all nothing more. Nothing less.

CC probably didn't realise he was going to release it two days after. He was in all probability pleased with the acceptance of the public beta, and the low number of issues that arose from that, so he likely felt comfortable to release it with some minor modifications.

If there were still glaring issues found by the thousands that downloaded the beta, then I would have thought the official release would have been pushed back by days/weeks.

There's a pretty simple explanation for this.

When Cliff is ready to release stuff it gets posted to the forum first. Then Matt updates the links on the website after that. In the case of this particular release, there was a lot of stress on our server due to the release of Axe-Change and all the 7.0 excitement. So Matt is working on upgrading the server and getting that all resolved and then I'm sure the links on our website will be updated.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Back
Top Bottom