We should have a 'Thanks Cliff et al' thread.

Gong8659

Inspired
I don't think everyone has enough words to write a long review. Sometimes some people just want to say thanks for a specific aspect/thing which may or may not have to do with reviewing the axe II.

Rather than creating a separate thread for these short things, maybe we could keep it here in a 'thanks' only thread. Not only as a convenience but also to give Cliff and the team an 'all in one adulation corner' to turn their spirits around on a rainy day. We're all human, anyone can feel bad sometimes.

What does everyone else think?

I'll second this motion for this as well.

First thank you Cliff for turning the digital guitar processor world upside down to bring forth something that is well worth its weight in salt and for just simply doing it right. Thank you for your unrelenting desire to constantly improve on the Axe not settling for second best... and charging "nada" for these FW updates, additional IR's and improvements. PLUS buying all those amps to load into your two rack space brain to share with us... U-DA-MAN!

Also a hearty, healthy shout out to all the Fractal team for doing the things that need(ed) to be done in giving us a great editor, utility, and as well for all that is done behind the scenes that we know nothing about. Also a very cool forum that make being apart of this community a real pleasure... most of the time. :)

I'd love to buy you guys another round of Pa Pa John's but I'm so efing broke right now... it hurts. Someday the river will flow again! All the best Fractal!

Peace,

Thank you Cliff, and the rest of the team at Fractal Audio.

The company sounds like a great mix - a clever chap who is passionate and brilliant leading it, and with enough smarts to surround himself with additional smart people around him to make it all happen...

Thx Cliff and Team - I bought my Axe in Dec 2012 and it's been nothing short of amazing the growth and maturity of the FW as well as AE3. Add the light speed at which the fw updates come out and the fact that they cost nothing.

I've had to work with support once (display issue) and had to send my unit back to Galactic HQ in NH and the entire event was handled über professionally with almost constant updates and rapid turn around time.

Add to the fact that The Man himself frequents these boards and personally answers questions as well as takes feedback from us users to add/enhance/fix things (witness the 11.00>11.01>11.02 rapid progression).

It's good to own something that is Global Best In Class , yes ?

Every thread I read that praises a certain aspect or feature makes me want to hijack the thread to give me .02's worth. Great idea for a thread.

I bought the Ultra in 2009 because it was the best bang for the buck. I was very pleased with the sound of the amps for my application. It had a hell of a lot of value. Great sounds, great effects and so flexible in every sense. My feeling was in a mix you'd never know it wasn't a real amp.

Fast forward to today. The Axe II. Easily the best money spent, jaw dropping updates, new IR's, new amps, new features, continued stellar support (in house and community) and it continues! But the thing is now it's sounds so close to a real amp that I don't think in terms of "how can I tweak this to get closer to the real thing?". I think "Hmm... What amp would sound good here?".

Keep on keep'n it real Cliff! Thanks for everything!

And thanks to M@tt and the team! Much appreciated!

You're a grand fella Mr C (but if my Axe ever needs to go for repair you'll be a **** temporarily until it returns - just keeping it real ;) )

thanks, Cliff. True dedication. And please, if anyone can, do adopt a dog or cat from a local animal shelter or make a donation to help their cause.

I've not been on EBay for months or even looked at an amp/pedal since I bought the Axe2 a year ago. A lot of outlay and frustrations with software over valve amps/pedals, but Fractal have saved me a fortune already!!! Ok, having to buy an FRFR cab or two whenever they turn up (no prizes for guessing what I'm waiting for!), but hell I'm over the moon with the Fw10/11 progression. Just get the Axe-Edit bugs (USB comms in particular) sorted and Axe-Manage back in and I'll be even happier.

I've not been on EBay for months or even looked at an amp/pedal since I bought the Axe2 a year ago. A lot of outlay and frustrations with software over valve amps/pedals, but Fractal have saved me a fortune already!!! Ok, having to buy an FRFR cab or two whenever they turn up (no prizes for guessing what I'm waiting for!), but hell I'm over the moon with the Fw10/11 progression. Just get the Axe-Edit bugs (USB comms in particular) sorted and Axe-Manage back in and I'll be even happier.

I am so right there with you...eBay misses me! I am super new to the Axe FX II, and I was always in search of new amps, pedals, etc. Now, I am a complete convert, and rejoice in the pallet of sonic goodness I have with a click of a mouse! Thanks Cliff and Team for unparallelled awesomeness!

I feel happy with my tones every time I fire up my Axe. I feel more inspired to play than ever. That feeling has not lasted this long with any of my previous real amps. Now I have 100 great tones available everywhere with infinite adjustability, instead of one tone that can only be achieved at 120db.

Thanks Cliff, M@ and the rest of team FAS. Take a few weeks off, you guys really deserve it! :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

Thanks a lot Cliff and the whole Fractal team. Second to none!!

And thanks for finding distributors that keeps the good vibe.

Thanks to Cliff and his whole team. I am playing guitar more now because of getting an Axe FX2. It inspires me!!!! Plus, I can play without waking the family. :-D

Back
Top Bottom