Ways the AX8 has expanded your thinking/your favorite workaround

Hello!

I have had my AX8 for not quite two weeks now, and I have been having a blast playing with it! It has consumed my thinking, as even when I'm away from it I'm thinking of how I can tweak things or get around CPU limitations.

My most recent revelation was the use of the X/Y toggle to get an OD tone versus using a pedal. I was reaching the CPU limits with my preset because I had a compressor, two drives, a volume adjuster, a clean amp (Band Commander), Cab, Pitch block, Delay, Reverb, and FX Loop. After running into a CPU limitation with all those things, I was puzzling, and puzzling, until the puzzle was solved! Got rid of my primary drive pedal and changed the Y state to a more gain-y amp, and voila! CPU limitations were solved! Also, by doing this it allowed me to try out amps that I never would've thought to try before!

What were some problems you came across that you thought "outside the box" to fix?

Last edited:
The most handy CPU saving tricks for me are:

1. Block X/Y changing as you mentioned.
2. Setting Cab Block to Normal quality.
3. Setting Reverb quality to normal.
4. Lowering reverb density parameter.

The most handy CPU saving tricks for me are:

1. Block X/Y changing as you mentioned.
2. Setting Cab Block to Normal quality.
3. Setting Reverb quality to normal.
4. Lowering reverb density parameter.

I didn't think about the reverb density! I'm pretty sure the reverb quality was at normal, but I'll have to double check.

Reverb density really eats up the cpu. For all my live work presets I have the reverb set to normal. In a live setting with a band no one can tell the difference between reverb quality.

Back
Top Bottom