way to record wet and dry tracks without USB?

Why isn't there a built-in solution for this? My Pod XT Pro that I bought nearly 10 years ago has a dedicated 'dry, unprocessed output' on the rear of the unit. Can a menu item be added that allows something similar? Like "Output 1 + dry at Output 2"?

Why isn't there a built-in solution for this? My Pod XT Pro that I bought nearly 10 years ago has a dedicated 'dry, unprocessed output' on the rear of the unit. Can a menu item be added that allows something similar? Like "Output 1 + dry at Output 2"?
Why should it? You can use the FXL block just fine for that?
Its just one wheel turning and a hit on enter and you are ready to go!

Also, you can use USB to record dry and wet at the same time without additional A/D conversion or signal loss.

A simple global setting in the output menu as opposed to having to modify individual presets. I don't get how that's not baked into the product.

I opt to record through my interface preamp and use the Axe as a send/return effects unit through spdif on my interface (FF400 so virtually the same as FF800). This gives you way more flexibility than using the Axe alone.

@biggestmuff
Put that in the wish forum for the axe. If it's just a software setting that you are looking for, it's under Fractal's control and they could add it. As for a dedicated analog out for dry recording, well, either it was an oversight or a compromise. It did make it into the USB io. Hopefully we'll get an adat io, FW, or Thunderbolt in the AXIII :0)... or maybe just a single post pre analog out.

Still can't get this to work. Is anyone doing this and having success without using the USB?

Are you sure you're using Output 2? Earlier you mentioned "Copy 1-2 was on "stereo"" and "I have copy L to R to "NO"". Neither of those things are possible as you typed them (Copy Out 1 > 2 is an on/off parameter & there's no parameter called "Copy L to R") but it sounds like you might be thinking Out 1R is Out 2.

Still can't get this to work. Is anyone doing this and having success without using the USB?

Run a parallel line after your amp block and below your wet path. Add and FXL loop block toward the end of that line and then a cab block last block. That is your dry signal going to output 2
Wet signal is above line with effects and that will be output 1.....

Not sure if that covers what your are looking to achieve.... This is how I run it

Run a parallel line after your amp block and below your wet path. Add and FXL loop block toward the end of that line and then a cab block last block. That is your dry signal going to output 2
Wet signal is above line with effects and that will be output 1.....

Not sure if that covers what your are looking to achieve.... This is how I run it
Hmm, why should someone create a cab block behind the FXL? That doesn't even make sense? Or maybe I just didnt understood what you mean.
EDIT: Your solution is for having a cabbed and non-cabbed signal at the same time. That's not what the TO asked, I think. ;)

All the TO needs to do a put an FXL block in the very first row and it will automaticly be connected with the INPUT block and give you your dry signal.

I'm pretty sure the TO confuses the OUT2 with some other output of the Axe. Possibly OUT1 unbalanced? Happens to even the best of us, sometimes...

I'm pretty sure the TO confuses the OUT2 with some other output of the Axe. Possibly OUT1 unbalanced? Happens to even the best of us, sometimes...

I'm an idiot. That is precisely why you shouldn't use your iPhone's front facing camera to plug in cables into the rear panel. That was the issue... Plugged into out 1 unbalanced rather than 2 unbalanced. :-/

I'm an idiot. That is precisely why you shouldn't use your iPhone's front facing camera to plug in cables into the rear panel. That was the issue... Plugged into out 1 unbalanced rather than 2 unbalanced. :-/
Don't worry about it dude, I remember someone in this forum trashing his Axe by accidently putting the USB into the CAT5 slot...

Worse thing that happened to me once was that I accidently put the cable from the guitar into IN2 instead of IN1 and searched for the mistake for almost 2 hours...

... oh and forgetting to turn the volume knob on the Axe back up after changing the guitar is also a classic (that's why I now use an analogue vol pedal between guitar and axe to turn down the volume when swapping guitars >_>)!

Back
Top Bottom