Waterproofing an FM9?

Put it in a clear plastic bag.

Oh wait. Ventilation. Okay use Saran Wrap over it?
Maybe I’m just ignorant but I don’t understand how ventilation would be such a big issue that everyone brings it up. Let’s say you had a plastic ziploc bag big enough to fit over a fm9. Just cut holes in the back where all cables need to go and couldn’t we just poke holes where the fans are? Again just asking because I’m genuinely curious

Maybe I’m just ignorant but I don’t understand how ventilation would be such a big issue that everyone brings it up. Let’s say you had a plastic ziploc bag big enough to fit over a fm9. Just cut holes in the back where all cables need to go and couldn’t we just poke holes where the fans are? Again just asking because I’m genuinely curious
Yeah I'd think poking holes or cutting out a little section around the vents should work. I'd guess.

Airflow is not something to goof with in computers - PC, Fractal or Playstation... Especially when you need it to 100% work.
It's tested and built as designed, not to suffer unknown levels of flow starvation b/c its got a beer shield covering it too much.
Do what you can do without messing with the airflow vents at all, if that isn't enough, then maybe gig other places? : )

I often put a milk crate between my Fractal and the audience. Its what I, sometimes, carry my gear in with in the first place. It also gives me a place to put my foot if I want to lean in - and it keeps people that much farther away, which is half the battle of safety.

When I had and gigged an AX8, I used something like this and cut it down to just large enough to cover the unit for floor-level bar gigs where it was likely that drunken women would twirl madly about with drinks in their hands. I didn't have any overheating issues with using it, and it protected the unit quite well. Too bad I wasn't able to do the same for myself, like say a rain suit... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom