Watch this !

I had no intention of watching a 19 minute video, but I just did. I could listen to them ride the wave of music forever. Ridiculously good.

Enjoyed that, thanks! Admittedly I've never heard either before, but Eric Gales style and quick runs, especially in the beginning part, reminded me a lot of Zachary Breaux. Such a shame he passed away so early.

I saw Eric back in 91 or 92 when he was first coming up. He was 16 or 17 years old at the time and was opening for King's X. That kid brought the house down! Helluva show. Unfortunately he made some bad choices shortly after that and wound up doing some time in jail. Glad to see he's back and moving forward with his life again. Check him out live if you ever have a chance...you won't regret it.

pretty unique playing a right handed guitar left handed, and not restringing it. must have been self taught for sure.

Seen Greg about 5 years ago he was doing a clinic for Fender, strange feeling after leaving.
You feel inspired and at the same time selling all of your gear and call it a day.
But over all I felt inspired !!

John

The cameraman needs to learn how to FOCUS. Was good until around 6 minutes during the close up. Blurrrrr.
Great playing for sure

I was there and I have to say that he made his playing seams so easy. And he has always a big smile on his face!

I saw Eric back in 91 or 92 when he was first coming up. He was 16 or 17 years old at the time and was opening for King's X.....

That takes me back. He was like 16, and think he was touring with his uncle(s), brother(s) as the backbone? Can't remember.

I do remember that I thought he would save the world from grunge...

That takes me back. He was like 16, and think he was touring with his uncle(s), brother(s) as the backbone? Can't remember.

I do remember that I thought he would save the world from grunge...
The irony there is he was touring with a band that many say were the fore runners of grunge.o_O

Funny, never thought of Kings X as grunge. In the ballpark, but had their own thing going on.

And I didn't despise grunge...we needed to be kicked out of the 'over the top' hair metal bands that were just following a formula. That it was guitar based I loved. I listened to the 'garden, but liked Screaming Trees. I am one of the few people on this earth who considered Pearl Jam 'overrated'....they had a few great songs, and the rest was crap...Yellow Ledbetter, Jeremy, and Better Man I thought were great songs. And I find I appreciate Nirvana more now than I did earlier (especially since quite a bit of talent was sitting behind the drum kit.)

But back to Eric Gale.

Funny, never thought of Kings X as grunge. In the ballpark, but had their own thing going on.

And I didn't despise grunge...we needed to be kicked out of the 'over the top' hair metal bands that were just following a formula. That it was guitar based I loved. I listened to the 'garden, but liked Screaming Trees. I am one of the few people on this earth who considered Pearl Jam 'overrated'....they had a few great songs, and the rest was crap...Yellow Ledbetter, Jeremy, and Better Man I thought were great songs. And I find I appreciate Nirvana more now than I did earlier (especially since quite a bit of talent was sitting behind the drum kit.)

But back to Eric Gale.
I agree. I never really condidered King's X a grunge band either but, some of the "pioneers" of grunge like Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains have said that King's X were a big influence on their sound. I also agree that the guitar olympics needed a rest. It started to become so cheesy and a bit mindless after a while.

But indeed, back to Eric. I hope he can have success in his "Resurrection".

Back
Top Bottom