FM9 Was really 'on' last night...

Did you count the bartender, security and FOH tech in those 3 people? No matter who those people were, but this must have been the best playing they will ever hear live again. Unless you play there again.

Question, GC - Are you the only blues wrangler you know of using modeling? I can't think of another one that I've seen doing the club circuit.
JW Jones uses a Kemper, and last time I saw Anthony Gomes (prob 5 years ago when we played the same festival) he was as well. Other than that I'm not sure - I don't know of any personally.

Question, GC - Are you the only blues wrangler you know of using modeling? I can't think of another one that I've seen doing the club circuit.
TBH, for as long as I've been using modelers I've thought I would have felt weird showing up with one at the blues jams I used to do a lot way back when. People had old Fender or Ampeg amps as I recall, and old LPs, strats, 335s, etc. No Marshalls in my crowd.

Of course that was before there was digital anything. But still, that was a consciously organic crew. Even if it sounded good, it would have been weird.

Luckily or not, I'm sure it's less of an issue now, but not gone, and I bet it depends a lot on where you are.

Interestingly enough, @Cainer JW Jones is also Canadian. Something in the Moosehead up that way? ;-)

In all your posted vids your tone is always killer and if I didn't know it was Fractal I wouldn't even suspect. Edge of breakup tones are always the hardest for modeling to get right and yet here we are. What an age we live in!

TBH, for as long as I've been using modelers I've thought I would have felt weird showing up with one at the blues jams I used to do a lot way back when. People had old Fender or Ampeg amps as I recall, and old LPs, strats, 335s, etc. No Marshalls in my crowd.

Of course that was before there was digital anything. But still, that was a consciously organic crew. Even if it sounded good, it would have been weird.

Luckily or not, I'm sure it's less of an issue now, but not gone, and I bet it depends a lot on where you are.
yeah there's still a lot of that sort of 'old-school' stuff in the blues scenes - one of my favorite stories to tell is when a guy came up to me at a gig where there was a little Fender amp on stage behind me, and asked "how are you getting that huge tone out of that little thing?!?" and then I told him that amp wasn't actually plugged in, and showed him the Fractal - he thought for a minute, then said "yeah, I thought it sounded digital.." lol so people hear with their eyes and their preconceived notions color everything.
But such is the way in many parts of the blues world - they want everything to remain exactly as it was at some arbitrary point in the past.

Dude, you’re “On” every time! I absolutely love your style and tone. If I thought I could get your sound to work with my setup, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy your patch. It’s a shame there weren’t more people there.

Back
Top Bottom