want to do feedback without speakers

d2dark

Inspired
I play all the time with IEM and just can't figure out a way to make feedback happen inside the axe it self.
it would be great for me to have a Exp. pedal that can send back a signal to do feed when i feel the need with out to have to bring any kind of speakers.

if any body figur out how to do that. plz explain it here !

You can't get the kind of feedback you are looking for without the guitar being a part of the loop and more specifically the pickups. I know that there has been some discussion about this and some people have thought about using headphones or even transducers mounted on the guitar to try to get some of that signal going back to the guitar.

The only thing that kind of gets close without speakers are those sustainiac pickup systems.

I play all the time with IEM and just can't figure out a way to make feedback happen inside the axe it self.
it would be great for me to have a Exp. pedal that can send back a signal to do feed when i feel the need with out to have to bring any kind of speakers.

if any body figur out how to do that. plz explain it here !

Either Yek or Simeon had a feedback effect in a preset.
Check this thread possible or maybe they'll chime in.

Mother Of All Effects
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/showthread.php?t=79617

Sent from my iPhone

I was looking for the same effect as well. Boss used to have it for more than 20 years. This is the new version of it Boss- FB-2: Feedbacker/Booster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otdj4HdRk8Y. You can see it in the video. He engages the feedbacker around 0:29 I think what d2dark also wants something like that.

The FB-2 also works with speakers only as stated in the manual:
Because this function utilizes the sound that is output from the speaker of your guitar amp, the feedback effect cannot be
obtained when using headphones.

Sustainiac and ebow. Sustainiac is great but it replaces the neck pickup with the feedback driver. It does function as a pickup too but the tone is pretty bad. I have one guitar dedicated to that.

I was looking for the same effect as well. Boss used to have it for more than 20 years. This is the new version of it Boss- FB-2: Feedbacker/Booster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otdj4HdRk8Y. You can see it in the video. He engages the feedbacker around 0:29 I think what d2dark also wants something like that.

that the effect i want to get for sure, if i understand the idea in the pedal, its a squash as F*** comp with a lot of make up gain, that probably can get me feeding into the PA if i Uber smash it to the limit.
i'll try that on a comp with a mix pedal and see.

Boss did have a distortion/feedbacker pedal years ago that didn't need a speaker to produce "feedback" of a sort: the DF-2. Its feedback function sounded more like a synthesized sine wave than actual feedback. You could blend between an octave and two octaves of the detected pitch, but there were a lot of caveats. From the manual:

Boss DF-2 Manual said:
If you input a chord instead of a single note and try to obtain the Feedback effect, the resulting pitch will be totally irrelevant to the chord.

Even with single note picking, if you have set the volume too low, or press the pedal too soon or too late, the pitch of the feedback sound becomes unstable.

The DF-2 was a cool effect in its own way, but it wasn't convincing feedback. And as you can hear in the video, even the newer FB-2 produces some weird artifacts now and then.

Thanks! I knew it was in there somewhere, too busy to dig in earlier post. Saw your direct link to Simeon's thread below too.

Sent from my iPhone

No problem.... I had been meaning to dig it out... Your post pointed my in the right direction... So thanks.

Preset method from Simeon works really well. So props to Simeon!

Sustainiac and ebow. Sustainiac is great but it replaces the neck pickup with the feedback driver. It does function as a pickup too but the tone is pretty bad. I have one guitar dedicated to that.

Exactly.

I have a Jackson Soloist for this purpose.

Boss did have a distortion/feedbacker pedal years ago that didn't need a speaker to produce "feedback" of a sort: the DF-2. Its feedback function sounded more like a synthesized sine wave than actual feedback. You could blend between an octave and two octaves of the detected pitch, but there were a lot of caveats.

I had one of those back in the day and used to use it on bass. It was awesome (when used sparingly). Tone right down, distortion right up, sounded cool! I keep meaning to try and to rig something similar up in the Axe with the Synth block...

Back
Top Bottom