Waitlist Email

I wrote an email 26 hours ago when the announcement was made but never received any confirmation, Today after reading that you indeed need a response from fractal to be on the actual waiting list I decided to sent another request from the same account (my main account where I had always sent emails to fractal) and nothing happened, then I did it from another account as other people had mentioned and got a response immediately. Why is this happening? Not happy at all because really each hour is like a month in waiting time taking into account everyone is interested in this thing! And it seems this is happening to a lot of people. Bummer....

Quote Reply
I would honestly think, and hope that they would place you in the que according to the day/time stamp, when you sent your email- regardless of when they reply back...but who knows. It would also be nice if they provided a ranking like, you are #27 in the Waitlist. This way, a chart could be made to show when others got theirs. I doubt they will do this. It is possible that influencers and known rockstars get priority.

Is there any official online checker waitlist position ? Simply enter email and result will be your actual position ?
Lol- wake up. It's time to go. That was a dream. They won't do that or give you a ranking que #. Good idea but they won't. I suspect some certain others get to jump the line e.g., rockstars, influencers, etc. I could be wrong but your idea makes sense...yet it never happens. There was an unofficial spreadsheet going around a while back on the FM9 launch/waitlist.

Yes, that, but over this period I've also spent time looking at what the FM3 and FX3 can do.

While I could constrain myself, actually it's barely constrain myself, with the FM3, the FM9 opens up the few constraints into a wide open wonderland where I can't imagine myself being constrained for live stuff.

The FX3 is so far beyond my needs I can't imagine myself ever exceeding its abilities, so the FM9 and FX3 would be a perfect combination for me... except, I do love the tiny form factor of the FM3 and that it, with the FC6, is such a nice compact combination for travel.

I guess at this point Fractal has me exactly where they want me to be, undecided, and wanting everything. I'm such a tool. :)
I said it before and I will say it again. FM6!!! Let the hate begin, but I'm sticking to it! I agree. A very powerful, yet smaller form factor (compared to FM9) would be amazing. I won't mention the UI at this time. No need to open up that can of worms. I will end on a positive and complimentary note. This FM9 MKII Turbo is a nice improvement- good job Team Fractal! Now, let the wait begin!

FM9 is such a great unit on paper. I still think FM3 will be a better fit for people who like to keep it simple and need the extra portability.

Really the only way Fractal could possibly screw this up would be to have basically zero availability for months or years.
I have long been advocating for a FM6. I caught hate for it- and likely will again, but I agree. It would fill in a nice gap between the small and less powerful FM3 and the very capable, but much larger and heavier FM9. Ideally, the FM6 would only be marginally bigger then the FM3 but in an ideal world have as much, or more power then the FM9. They won't do that as that could impact FM9 sales. Even if the power was close to the FM9, it would sell. Especially to the more casual home or studio players.

On the waitlist. Have ceased editing on my HD500 hoping for a miracle cure... Like watching grass grow in real time...need a quality distraction. Hammer to the big toe maybe? ;-)

On the waitlist. Have ceased editing on my HD500 hoping for a miracle cure... Like watching grass grow in real time...need a quality distraction. Hammer to the big toe maybe? ;-)
I'm in the same boat as you man. I too am coming from an HD500 and can't wait to get my hands on that kind of power of the FM9 Mark II Turbo. Let me know if you figure a way to make that grass grow faster ;)

So happy to hear!
Man to get an Invitation next week with me only being on the wait list for a week, and others have had to endure a whole year, would be some kind of a miracle. Is it Christmas? It feels like Christmas. Do I smell cookies and milk? Why do I have butterflies in my stomach? Why am I so giddy? Why do I hear the Willy Wonka song Pure Imagination on a loop in my head ;)

Click your heels three times and say, "There's no modeler like FM9... There's no modeler like FM9... There's no modeler like FM9"?

In all honestly, we're hoping to get all of these invites out next week.

Ohmysoul! You just made my week! I nearly bought a secondhand FM9 yesterday. Glad I held off :)

I see the v6 firmware dropped about 10 minutes ago. Hopefully, that was the milestone that was gating the waitlist release. Oh... and congrats. As a fellow dev, I know major version releases are hectic.

Click your heels three times and say, "There's no modeler like FM9... There's no modeler like FM9... There's no modeler like FM9"?

In all honestly, we're hoping to get all of these invites out next week.
Wow, great news! Time to warn my wife I guess.... :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom