Waitlist Email

I noticed yesterday the Fractal website said they are out of stock of the FM3, EV-1 & EV-2 as well as the FM9. I had no idea, I thought it was just the FM9 and the EV-2 we were waiting for? Do all these products use the same chip components that seem to be in shortage? Seems the way things are progressing we may not see any of these units for the rest of the year. Seems all the focus is on producing the AFX 3 Turbo.
Maybe, but one possible explanation is that FX3 uses a DSP from Texas Instruments while the FM3/FM9 use Analog Devices DSP's. Maybe the Analog DSP's are in backordered but the TI ones are not? Who knows. Seems like a reach to say that Fractal is "focusing" their production on FX3. These fractal units are complex with hundreds of components. I think I read somewhere on these forums that the EV-2 was held up by a single, custom-designed component.

I noticed yesterday the Fractal website said they are out of stock of the FM3, EV-1 & EV-2 as well as the FM9. I had no idea, I thought it was just the FM9 and the EV-2 we were waiting for? Do all these products use the same chip components that seem to be in shortage? Seems the way things are progressing we may not see any of these units for the rest of the year. Seems all the focus is on producing the AFX 3 Turbo.
I believe the FM3 and FM9 use the same DSP chip. They had a holiday sale on the FM3 and I think it depleted their US stock. Typically, if users order a new modeler they are also in the market for an Expression pedal, or two. I have 2 EV-1 pedals and 1 EV-2 pedal. I ordered the EV-2 when I bought my FM3 June of last year. Bought my 2 EV-1 pedals sometime after I bought my FM9 Turbo (bought the FM9 end of December). So, I'm guessing the FM3 sales impacted expression pedal inventories as well. I saw, I think it was Matt, reply on Facebook that more expression pedals will be in stock soon.

I am sure they will get stock replenished at some point but there are still supply shortages for device manufacturers in various markets that are likely at play here too.

That is what I figured, import costs. I cannot lie! I tried to order one but they won't ship to the US! Lol :tearsofjoy:
I was getting stuff from Thomann. Sometimes what I got just last month no longer ships to US. Anything made in China forget it. The import duties are so high you’ll probably get the same price here and next day shipping.

It's always my luck that when i wait for something, then opt out for something else, within a day or two, the first becomes available.

I just received my invite for the new FM3 MKII, I wonder if FM9s are following soon?
Same here. I already have an FM9T and AXE III T....how come I'm still tempted to pull the trigger? Ah...Live Backup rig? Yea, that must be it, just in case ;)....notice I'm trying to justify my impulses.....LOL :sunglasses:

Same here. I already have an FM9T and AXE III T....how come I'm still tempted to pull the trigger? Ah...Live Backup rig? Yea, that must be it, just in case ;)....notice I'm trying to justify my impulses.....LOL :sunglasses:
This would be my first unit, for doing live show work would you wait for the FM9 or should I just build my rig around this? I would be replacing the tube amps analog pedals I own.

This would be my first unit, for doing live show work would you wait for the FM9 or should I just build my rig around this? I would be replacing the tube amps analog pedals I own.
I had an FM3 before. Gigged it for a year. It did all it had to do and more. I was very pleased. What helped was adding an outboard double switch to scroll through presets. Then the FM3 would handle scenes. 3 scenes is all you really need most of the time. When the FM9 came out I signed up on the announcement. Still took 2 months to get it. Then the FM9 Turbo came out, so I got on that list and that took about 2 weeks, sold the original FM9 and recently got the AXE III to sit in the studio I am putting together. So, since I expect a busy gigging year, I'm thinking of having a backup solution. Depending on your needs. The FM3 is a powerful unit. Don't let it's size fool you. However, if you need dual amp blocks, then the FM9 is great. Ever since I'ver been using Fractal gear, I no longer have amps or a massive pedal board. Even the cost of all 3 Fractal units is a fraction of the money I had tied up in tube amps and effects. I'm never looking back.

I had an FM3 before. Gigged it for a year. It did all it had to do and more. I was very pleased. What helped was adding an outboard double switch to scroll through presets. Then the FM3 would handle scenes. 3 scenes is all you really need most of the time.
Is an outboard switch the only feasible was to scroll through presets? If I can at least scroll in one direction like running through a setlist and scroll up through scenes that would fit my needs.

Back
Top Bottom