Waitlist Email

A bonus is I live in NH and will drive over and pick it up in person. Just like I did My standard in 2011 an my FM3. Oh happy day! I live and die with high res cabs and reverb. I play super clean. Plus no more tap dancing. Which button goes forward and which one backwards. :)

So my Digitech GSP2101 that I bought in 1998 died on me today! 5 hours before band practice! I only play for my Church, but still it sucks big time! Me and her had a lot of years together! 24 of them, and she was old but still sounded good! Luckily, I was able to borrow a Line 6 Helix for practice and so I can still play on Sunday. So I had to pull the trigger and just order a FM3 for now! It is not what I wanted, but I NEED something, so I will make it work! I am about a year down the list anyways (June 2022) so maybe when my time comes I can sell the FM3, and get them FM9 then. I could not afford the FC-6 at the moment and was very tempted to put it on a credit card! But I did not! I found out that you can make 1 switch, switch between 2 scenes, so I will have to make 6 sounds on 3 foot switches work for now. I think you can set them up in banks also, so I will just have to footstep more than I want.

So my Digitech GSP2101 that I bought in 1998 died on me today! 5 hours before band practice! I only play for my Church, but still it sucks big time! Me and her had a lot of years together! 24 of them, and she was old but still sounded good! Luckily, I was able to borrow a Line 6 Helix for practice and so I can still play on Sunday. So I had to pull the trigger and just order a FM3 for now! It is not what I wanted, but I NEED something, so I will make it work! I am about a year down the list anyways (June 2022) so maybe when my time comes I can sell the FM3, and get them FM9 then. I could not afford the FC-6 at the moment and was very tempted to put it on a credit card! But I did not! I found out that you can make 1 switch, switch between 2 scenes, so I will have to make 6 sounds on 3 foot switches work for now. I think you can set them up in banks also, so I will just have to footstep more than I want.
You can definitely make it work. If you need another switch or 2, I think there are budget ones that work (I may be wrong I never looked into it)
GSP2101? Damn that goes way back.

f5 GIF

My FM3 usage is similar, and I agree about reverb. When I realized that Ultra High Reverb settings are primarily for recording and almost useless live, it helped me a lot with reaching CPU limits.

FM9 is a luxury, for how I would use it. Don't need Ultra High Reverb, 2 amps... I could use some more CPU, and I'd prefer not to have to set up/tear down my FC6 every time... but I'm OK with the FM3... It's taken a lot of self control not to dive in.
I concur with both of you gentlemen, I noticed the same thing with the reverb and effects/CPU limits right off. Having the AxeFXIII is a luxury, but I do record a lot and it is fun. There are instances where I hear the differences, but even a lot of musicians and all regular music listeners do not notice anything. If they like they song I am covering that is what matters. It's all about the song, and sometimes it's all about doing your own thing and being creative. If I sound like the recording in their memory, then they dig it. If I experiment with a cover and get creative while trying to stay true to the vibe of the song, well that is a very subjective thing. It's hard to miss with the Fractal FM3/FC-6/and the OMG9 layout, and all the knowledge out there regardless of what tone you are trying to get, there are some edge cases, but there are really talented folks who can solve the edge cases and things I would think are impossible. I have never had the variety of tones I do now with much less equipment and investment $, and less time spent tinkering with tone settings. I just like tinkering and exploring. I love music overall because you never reach the end. There is always something out there to learn, and I get enlightened by it almost daily. Now I'm going to go play with a Keely Halo type effect that was just released a few months ago, and is used by my favorite living legend guitarist, who is also a great musician. I'm blessed.

I concur with both of you gentlemen, I noticed the same thing with the reverb and effects/CPU limits right off. Having the AxeFXIII is a luxury, but I do record a lot and it is fun. There are instances where I hear the differences, but even a lot of musicians and all regular music listeners do not notice anything. If they like they song I am covering that is what matters. It's all about the song, and sometimes it's all about doing your own thing and being creative. If I sound like the recording in their memory, then they dig it. If I experiment with a cover and get creative while trying to stay true to the vibe of the song, well that is a very subjective thing. It's hard to miss with the Fractal FM3/FC-6/and the OMG9 layout, and all the knowledge out there regardless of what tone you are trying to get, there are some edge cases, but there are really talented folks who can solve the edge cases and things I would think are impossible. I have never had the variety of tones I do now with much less equipment and investment $, and less time spent tinkering with tone settings. I just like tinkering and exploring. I love music overall because you never reach the end. There is always something out there to learn, and I get enlightened by it almost daily. Now I'm going to go play with a Keely Halo type effect that was just released a few months ago, and is used by my favorite living legend guitarist, who is also a great musician. I'm blessed.

agreed.

The thing I struggle with is the 'value'. You gain so much more by buying an FM9 vs. FM3+FC6 at a marginal cost increase. Even if I resold my FM3/FC6 and added money to find an FM9 at non-scalper prices, it is probably worth it, but at this time in my life I don't have time/energy to deal with the swap... Anyway, I've said it before - if I didn't already have an FM3 I'd buy an FM9. The FM3 is still incredible for what it does and I'd put it on a pedestal above the rest of the non-FAS modeler options.

I’m on the waitlist at 11:25 pm on 8/28, so according to the other tracker we have, I’m the last for the day of 8/28. I’ll let everyone know when I get mine. I’m seeing it move pretty quickly now, so hopefully within the next week or sooner. 🤞

I got on the list Apr 21 2022, so will I have to wait till April?
No, it’s much more complicated than saying it’s a yearlong wait.

Currently people have been waiting just under a year because of the ripple effects of the virus on multiple industries and shipping. Two days get added to the wait time each weekend, and during the week Fractal processes invitations from the RSVP list, which, over time shows larger gaps, except for the introduction of the FM9 Turbo, which is sure to have caused a spike in orders.

We have no insight into the size of the list, or of the inventory or the actual number of units ordered or shipped daily, we just work with the information people voluntarily give us.

So, it’s barely better than tossing bones from a cup.

Back
Top Bottom