Waitlist Email

Did you see that Neil Schon post where he had ten IIIs?

As the saying goes, the show must go on, it makes sense the people who are performing the defacto advertising have spare units.

You may be all in, but modeling is still fighting the perception battle with many purists in the guitar community. Imagine the fodder is James Hetfield's unit died in front of 80,000 people and he didn't have a spare.
Well, it would seem that Neil could suffer more unit deaths that your average feline before being down to a singular unit. I might think that James and Neil are not using FM9's in their rigs so much as the larger brethren within the lineage.

All the same, it is helpful for one to understand the process and their placement within to allay the temptation of speculation. "Now serving..." updates are appreciated, but without the "...out of X." component it only provides a measurement against optimistic possibility.

With ticket in hand, one can at least count noses standing at the deli counter to estimate length of the wait.

Reactions: mj3
This seems counterintuitive to say the least. If the previous policy was to not allow 2nd's while there was a waitlist, the implication here is that servicing the waitlist in a fair process is the end goal - I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I don't understand the change in policy to now allow people who "needed a spare unit" to be prioritized over people who have waited a year and have no unit at all. In a world where there is no clear line of sight to a purchase invitation for people that got on the waitlist in mid Sept or later, it is quite hard to hear that FAS is providing optional spares prior to the next waitlist invite recipient.

I would respectively submit that FAS examine the possibility that "If it seems like it's turning into a problem, we'll switch it back," actually is the problem in and of itself. Please reconsider this in the spirit of fair distribution to those customers patiently waiting for their first unit.

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to invoke feelings of anger, frustration web rage or entitlement. If any of these feelings or emotions are experienced as a result of having viewed this thread, they are are purely coincidental and unintended.

Guess it may be quite simple: what if Fractal expects to be able to supply enough units to serve the current waiting list, including a small % of people that will by 2 units? Only they will know…

Hey, @CanadaMike, look over there!!!
Lines Waiting Room GIF
Now that is funny

But surely there’s another production batch behind this first batch. We don’t know how fast that‘s coming. Maybe it’s imminent?
Yeah they did say they hope to have another batch end of summer! However, if the batch was THAT big, id like to think they would be sending bigger chunks of invites out. But only fractal knows that

Its my Opinion that there are a lot more request for FM9s than the unofficial waitlist shows
Ya think?! :)

Matt said "unprecedented" when he described the number of requests on the RSVP server. I was part of the FM3 wait and watched how it progressed so I started tracking the FM9 notifications for amusement, and I have 219 entries currently. There's no way Fractal was only able to ship 219 units in the 339 days that the list has been processing.

Maybe I missed a message but it is my interpretation that they may have enough to cover the waiting list?
They don't.

We won't have enough units to clear the waitlist. We are expecting more by the end of the summer, but at the same time, I expect that the added excitement will cause the list to grow considerably.

Back
Top Bottom