Waitlist Email

Hey, @CanadaMike, look over there!!!
Lines Waiting Room GIF

NOW SERVING: Aug 28, 2021, 8:48 AM EST

For the record:

In almost exactly 4 days forum time the Now Serving line moved 1hr 35min.

Slow goings (or maybe fast, who knows) but at this speed we would not complete August 28 2021 (meaning get to 12am 8/29/2021) until 9/6/22.

Last edited:
For the record:

In almost exactly 4 days forum time the Now Serving line moved 1hr 35min.

Slow goings (or maybe fast, who knows) but at this speed we would not complete August 28 2021 (meaning get to 12am 8/29/2021) until 9/6/22.
I think it's a fair assumption that it won't maintain such a dense invite list as the 27th

We hope. And if the spreadsheet is any indication of density the 28th is about 25% of what the 27th was, the 29th about 1/2 of the 28th , the 30th 1/2 of the 29th and so on
I mean it's not going to stay constant so it will certainly start to decrease. Then bump at the turbo announcement. It'll speed up!

I mean it's not going to stay constant so it will certainly start to decrease. Then bump at the turbo announcement. It'll speed up!
There is no turbo announcement point in relation to sales increases.. Everything is turbo. Turbo changed nothing as far as requests to buy.

Yeah I mean most of us are going on a year lol hopefully you don't have to wait as long as us. Could always snag a FM3 or III in the meantime! Resale value is always great
I totally agree with you on the AXE III, but not quite there money wise yet. I would get the turbo and an FX 12 with it. Then I also need a laptop.

As for the FM3, I'm not really interested at this point.

Man I'm not sure what to do when I get the email to buy, I just bought a Helix Floor a couple of months ago. I guess I still have a little bit of time, my waitlist email is from 8-28 at 11:09PM.

Previously, we limited waitlists to one per customer and required confirmation from any pro/semi-pro player who needed a spare unit. If it seems like it's turning into a problem, we'll switch it back, but so far it has not been abused.

eh... based on the scalper market we saw with the FM9 in the past year, I'm sure scalpers will take advantage of this... hopefully that sample size is small and that it doesn't deplete the inventory too much for those of us at the end of the waitlist.... Maybe only 5 or 10 people will do this, so whatever I guess...

Happy to see the line moving though - great job FAS

Admin M@ said:https://forum.fractalaudio.com/goto/post?id=2302083
Previously, we limited waitlists to one per customer and required confirmation from any pro/semi-pro player who needed a spare unit. If it seems like it's turning into a problem, we'll switch it back, but so far it has not been abused.
This seems counterintuitive to say the least. If the previous policy was to not allow 2nd's while there was a waitlist, the implication here is that servicing the waitlist in a fair process is the end goal - I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I don't understand the change in policy to now allow people who "needed a spare unit" to be prioritized over people who have waited a year and have no unit at all. In a world where there is no clear line of sight to a purchase invitation for people that got on the waitlist in mid Sept or later, it is quite hard to hear that FAS is providing optional spares prior to the next waitlist invite recipient.

I would respectively submit that FAS examine the possibility that "If it seems like it's turning into a problem, we'll switch it back," actually is the problem in and of itself. Please reconsider this in the spirit of fair distribution to those customers patiently waiting for their first unit.

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to invoke feelings of anger, frustration web rage or entitlement. If any of these feelings or emotions are experienced as a result of having viewed this thread, they are are purely coincidental and unintended.

This seems counterintuitive to say the least. If the previous policy was to not allow 2nd's while there was a waitlist, the implication here is that servicing the waitlist in a fair process is the end goal - I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I don't understand the change in policy to now allow people who "needed a spare unit" to be prioritized over people who have waited a year and have no unit at all. In a world where there is no clear line of sight to a purchase invitation for people that got on the waitlist in mid Sept or later, it is quite hard to hear that FAS is providing optional spares prior to the next waitlist invite recipient.

I would respectively submit that FAS examine the possibility that "If it seems like it's turning into a problem, we'll switch it back," actually is the problem in and of itself. Please reconsider this in the spirit of fair distribution to those customers patiently waiting for their first unit.

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to invoke feelings of anger, frustration web rage or entitlement. If any of these feelings or emotions are experienced as a result of having viewed this thread, they are are purely coincidental and unintended.
I agree, it is disheartening to know that someone (pro semi pro ) can purchase 2 . Most of us have been waiting a year just to get one.
Still if I get a invite I will be happy and if I don’t get a invite I will still be happy 😀 I hope that everyone gets a FM9

I agree, it is disheartening to know that someone (pro semi pro ) can purchase 2 . Most of us have been waiting a year just to get one.
Still if I get a invite I will be happy and if I don’t get a invite I will still be happy 😀 I hope that everyone gets a FM9
Agreed. It is best to be invited, lest forgotten. :)

...but the point remains.

Did you see that Neil Schon post where he had ten IIIs?

As the saying goes, the show must go on, it makes sense the people who are performing the defacto advertising have spare units.

You may be all in, but modeling is still fighting the perception battle with many purists in the guitar community. Imagine their response if James Hetfield's unit died in front of 80,000 people and he didn't have a spare.

Last edited:

I'm pretty confident FAS will clamp down on any abuse of this. I wonder too though, if this reflects their expectation that there will be a steady supply of FM9s going forward.

Back
Top Bottom