Waitlist Email

Assuming this is accurate information, I came across this post on a thread that started pretty much right when the announcement happened -

"I got on the list about 3 minutes after this thread started. I contacted sales since I had just ordered a FC6 this morning and was asking if I could have possibly gotten on the first run since I thought I may cancel my order for the FC6 if so. They said realistically it could be months for my name to come up. So I’m hanging on to my FM3 and keeping my order of the FC6. A good friend got on right after me and he was told possibly next year for him."

I thought I was in a great position by signing up at around 20 minutes in, but apparently not haha. Hoping this isn't reality, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Assuming this is accurate information, I came across this post on a thread that started pretty much right when the announcement happened -

"I got on the list about 3 minutes after this thread started. I contacted sales since I had just ordered a FC6 this morning and was asking if I could have possibly gotten on the first run since I thought I may cancel my order for the FC6 if so. They said realistically it could be months for my name to come up. So I’m hanging on to my FM3 and keeping my order of the FC6. A good friend got on right after me and he was told possibly next year for him."

I thought I was in a great position by signing up at around 20 minutes in, but apparently not haha. Hoping this isn't reality, but we'll see.
But they said Now Shipping!!!!

Yeah, I'm not sure how "The FM9 is now shipping to customers on our waitlist!" translates to people who signed up within minutes being told about waiting months or till next year. It doesn't add up, so maybe there's just miscommunication somewhere.

Yeah, I'm not sure how "The FM9 is now shipping to customers on our waitlist!" translates to people who signed up within minutes being told about waiting months or till next year. It doesn't add up, so maybe there's just miscommunication somewhere.
It’s probably just a safe, generic comment Sales team can use to keep the peace. Who knows though, it could be shipping or it could be months. Just easier to say it can be months/year so people don’t get as disappointed

FM9 is such a great unit on paper. I still think FM3 will be a better fit for people who like to keep it simple and need the extra portability.

Really the only way Fractal could possibly screw this up would be to have basically zero availability for months or years.

Aaugh! Put away the torches and farm implements. They'll ship them as fast as they can prep them and stuff them into boxes. It is what it is.
No torches, no pitchforks. I love Fractal. I'm just saying that if it takes them months or even into next year to get units into the hands of people who waitlisted in less than an hour, they're going to have a major issue. It would be a dream come true for the competition.

I have a III and FC-12, I can wait as long as it takes. In fact, with people unloading them cheap I may even go FM3 since I really just want the same tones but in the most portable package and the other brands modeling quality aren't on the same level.

Aaugh! Put away the torches and farm implements. They'll ship them as fast as they can prep them and stuff them into boxes. It is what it is.
Yep, none of that haha. Just pointing out the differences between the marketing posts and email responses. Definitely is what it is at the end of the day and we'll all get one eventually!

I think we can safely say that FAS really, really want us to buy the FM9 and I'm pretty sure they will ship as soon as they can.

When the FM3 came out in April of 2019 it did not say “Now Shipping” instead said “TBA” so for the FM9 I expect them to be shipping to waitlist people soon. I don’t think they’ll lie to us. It just depends on how many they send out at a time

No, as this could telegraph confidential information.

I honestly wouldn't expect this to happen, but if you were bored and had nothing better to do.... you could add a serialized confirmation# to the e-mail confirmation. Then we could look up that numbers for status instead of a name or email address.

FWIW, I'm on the list. My confirmation e-mail came back Aug 27th at 3:19pm. I'm not sure if gmail is displaying my time zone or theirs. If anyone cares to track this sort of thing, I am in Nebraska (CST). I only question the time zone because it seems like it was much earlier in the day, but I'm probably misremembering due to my excitement.

Back
Top Bottom