Waitlist Email

For those eager for useless speculation to help pass the time - I noticed last week (sept 13-17) that the week began with confirmation times of ~1:09 EDT and ended with 1:27 EDT... roughly 20 minutes for the week.

My conclusion ... it's impossible to project that to this week :p
Confirmation times? They're based on the list server's receipt of the request to be added to the list, so they can occur any time of the day, and the response time can vary because of the load on the list server and the intermediate paths the mail has to take to get back. I don't think there's any real conclusion to draw from that.

The interesting thing you can draw from looking at the invitation times is that they do them in batches.

Confirmation times? They're based on the list server's receipt of the request to be added to the list, so they can occur any time of the day, and the response time can vary because of the load on the list server and the intermediate paths the mail has to take to get back. I don't think there's any real conclusion to draw from that.

The interesting thing you can draw from looking at the invitation times is that they do them in batches.
Don't contribute to the over analysis Greg! ;)

I'm trying to see if my email had the delay mentioned above, but from what I can see, the response was instantaneous.
Sent:
1632181634269.png
Received:
1632181660978.png
Am I missing something?

UPDATE!

First ever Fractal email that went to my Spam folder. Invitation received his morning:
1632192852736.png
Ordered!

Last edited:
I guess that makes your snarky comment worth even less.
It's simple humor. If you want to think it's snarky, then you don't know me.

There are things we can change, things we can't and things that don't make any difference. The response time for the confirmation means nothing, except to give us a fuzzy feeling that the server got the request. A lot of us got no reply back until the next day, and then it was from Matt telling us they had delivery problems caused by anti-spam software in the mail hosts. The list server receiving the request was the important part and our requests reserved our position in the list.

I'm trying to be zen about the whole wait process; I survived the FM3 and FX3 lists, I'll survive this.

It's simple humor. If you want to think it's snarky, then you don't know me.

There are things we can change, things we can't and things that don't make any difference. The response time for the confirmation means nothing, except to give us a fuzzy feeling that the server got the request. A lot of us got no reply back until the next day, and then it was from Matt telling us they had delivery problems caused by anti-spam software in the mail hosts. The list server receiving the request was the important part and our requests reserved our position in the list.

I'm trying to be zen about the whole wait process; I survived the FM3 and FX3 lists, I'll survive this.
Turd Ferguson (RIP Norm)

1632185959257.png

For those eager for useless speculation to help pass the time - I noticed last week (sept 13-17) that the week began with confirmation times of ~1:09 EDT and ended with 1:27 EDT... roughly 20 minutes for the week.

My conclusion ... it's impossible to project that to this week :p
So'k,

Am happy twiddling my thumbs, but would really like to think our meager contributions amount to a slightly larger hill of beans. Unfortunately, I was over that hill some years ago, and am now stuck again twiddling my thumbs.

If there a way we could calculate the rate that invites go out vs. number of units purchased over time, we might all be less inclined to twiddle. (My thought was to give you something to think about, and possibly derive a time/rate curve.).

Was hoping some enterprising young math major could put something together more than my limits will allow.

Really? That's insulting.
Greg, he's playing you. FTR, I think we appreciate humor better when it's subtle and intelligent. Not when its insult comedy. Please folks, no need for contention on this forum. If folks must, please hit the gym to let off steam.

Really? That's not subtle, it's just insulting.
Lighten up, its funny and timely.
Greg, he's playing you. FTR, I think we appreciate humor better when it's subtle and intelligent. Not when its insult comedy. Please folks, no need for contention on this forum. If folks must, please hit the gym to let off steam.
Lighten up dude, I thought it was funny and timely. No hard feelings.

Lighten up, its funny and timely.

Lighten up dude, I thought it was funny and timely. No hard feelings.
Funny to you, but somewhat personal to Greg. No hard feelings here, but I thought to ask to keep things not too close to home. I used to experience similar stuff when I was younger, so that's why I was defending Greg. Will step back now and make some plans for tomorrow. Be well.

Back
Top Bottom