wah on/off - how

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
OK - I have no access to wikki, so a question.

If I use auto -engage for an expresson controlled effect like wah, how to I turn it off again?

If I dont use auto, how do I turn the effect on/off?

Do I need to use an IA, or do expression pedals have built in switches like wahs do? If so do they all, or just some - which?

Daft I know, but trying to decide if my midimate will suffice for my needs or whether I need a bigger Midi Board at the cost of some pedals.

paulmapp8306 said:

If I use auto -engage for an expresson controlled effect like wah, how to I turn it off again?

Do I need to use an IA, or do expression pedals have built in switches like wahs do? If so do they all, or just some - which?

Daft I know, but trying to decide if my midimate will suffice for my needs or whether I need a bigger Midi Board at the cost of some pedals.

usually it will turn off when you set the controller to "0", i.e. set the pedal back to heel position. There will be a slight delay before it switches off which you can set to fast/med/slow.

hunter said:
paulmapp8306 said:

usually it will turn off when you set the controller to "0", i.e. set the pedal back to heel position. There will be a slight delay before it switches off which you can set to fast/med/slow.

I believe it engages and disengages at 15%.

paulmapp8306 said:

Yes, in that case you need an IA switch. Most pedals don't have built-in switches, which is part of why the auto-engage is popular.

Back
Top Bottom