Wah Off In Scene

I am having an issue and I want to know if something is wrong or I just don't understand how the Wah block works.

Preset 1 has two scenes. I want Scene 1 to not have a Wah. Scene 2 should have the Wah available. The problem I'm having is that my Volume pedal and Wah pedal are next to each other. Sometimes I may touch the Wah pedal and move it enough so the Wah is engaged. Is there a way to make sure the Wah cannot engage in Scene 1?

This past weekend we were playing a song that requires a very funky, Nile Rodgers, guitar tone. When I turned on that preset it had a lot of upper mids and treble that were ear-piercing. It took me about five seconds to figure out the Wah was engaged.

I am having an issue and I want to know if something is wrong or I just don't understand how the Wah block works.

Preset 1 has two scenes. I want Scene 1 to not have a Wah. Scene 2 should have the Wah available. The problem I'm having is that my Volume pedal and Wah pedal are next to each other. Sometimes I may touch the Wah pedal and move it enough so the Wah is engaged. Is there a way to make sure the Wah cannot engage in Scene 1?

This past weekend we were playing a song that requires a very funky, Nile Rodgers, guitar tone. When I turned on that preset it had a lot of upper mids and treble that were ear-piercing. It took me about five seconds to figure out the Wah was engaged.
turn off Auto-Engage on the Control parameter of the Wah. 2-1.png

Once you use auto engage it’s on in all scenes. It’s been requested to have per scene autoengage but there is no indication that it will be added. There is a work around but it’s a bit complicated. Do a search if you’re interested.

Once you use auto engage it’s on in all scenes. It’s been requested to have per scene autoengage but there is no indication that it will be added. There is a work around but it’s a bit complicated. Do a search if you’re interested.
auto-engage may not be needed here at all, but the OP wasn't too specific. if he always wants the wah on in Scene 2, simply setting it to Engaged will do just that, without the need for Auto-Engage. his engage method would be choosing Scene 2.

if he wants it "optionally on" in Scene 2 though, using Auto-Engage, that's a different story.

You could just assign wah on/off to a regular footswitch, if you don’t want it permanently turned on in scene two.

I myself use auto engage in all my patches, and think it works great. You can adjust the sensitivity, so it takes a little more movement to engage it.

Back
Top Bottom