Wah issue with new Firmware?

Plato67

Ever since I upgraded to the latest firmware my wah will not turn off after I engage it. I need to change scenes to get it to turn off. It worked fine (off with heel down) previously...

I had that issue last night on a preset I was working on. All I did was check to make sure I had the Auto engage set where I wanted it made sure the the preset was saved then refreshed the preset no more issue.

YES. What these guys said. I just made this mistake too--make sure you turn off auto engage (right click the Control knob and it's the second option on top)

But when I turn off auto engage, I can't turn on the wah from my scene. It used to be I could turn it on and off at will with my controller.

But when I engage the wah in my scene with my controller, it doesn't shut off when I go heel down. It did before; now it does not.

Thx but all my scenes with wahs have the wah set on medium speed auto engage. Previously, when I engaged the wah IN THE SCENE I could disengage by going heel down on my controller. Now, for whatever reason since my upgrade, whenever I hit the wah in the scene, the heeldown does not shut off the wah, whereas before, it did disengage the wah.

It doesn't sound like this is a scenes/saved state issue. The pedal should be able to take command of the block state regardless.

Have you checked if the modifier dot moves across the entire width of the graph? If it doesn't, try calibrating the pedal again.

I'm having the same issue. Since the update, my wah does not shut off like it did faithfully prior. Discovered on a gig. Anytime I used the wah, I had to reselect preset to reset and shut off the wah on the fly. I'll go in and make edit this week to reset wah on/off points as something definitely changed.

Nice to hear I'm not going crazy.

Mosesblues let me know if it works for you.

I checked in the manual and it said that the auto-engage should be set to slow if you want it to shut off. I checked, and mine were set to medium. I changed it to slow, but it made no difference, it still does not shut off.

thx

I checked in the manual and it said that the auto-engage should be set to slow if you want it to shut off.

I don't think the manual says that. Any autoengage option (other than "off") should allow bypassing the block. Slow/med/fast determines the delay before bypassing once in the "off" zone.

P69 in manual:

"On the MODIFIER screen (with the graph): ƒ Try Auto-Engage (“AUTOENG”) set to “SLOW SPD” to have your WAH (or other effect) turn on automatically when you push it forward and bypass again when you pull it back. No need for a toe switch!"

P69 in manual:

"On the MODIFIER screen (with the graph): ƒ Try Auto-Engage (“AUTOENG”) set to “SLOW SPD” to have your WAH (or other effect) turn on automatically when you push it forward and bypass again when you pull it back. No need for a toe switch!"
"Try Auto-Engage set to 'SLOW SPD.'" Emphasis on "Try." There are other ways. :)

I don't want to get into a grammar war, but why would they put the emphasis on slow if it works for them all?

I don't want to get into a grammar war, but why would they put the emphasis on slow if it works for them all?
They could have picked ANY of them... They ALL work, they are just different variations. If they didn't work, why would they be there?;)

They didn't put the emphasis on "slow." It was just one example of stuff that works — of something to try.

Back
Top Bottom