Voodoo Labs GCP - LABELS ARE DONE! (2-part magnetic system - glow labels available!)

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey all!

Took a little longer than we planned, but I'm very pleased to report that our 'KickTags' (2 part magnetic labels for midi controllers) for the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro (GCP) midi controller are completed and will be available in our store in a few days time!

These follow the exact same principal as our very well received and reviewed KickTags for the Fractal MFC-101 in that they are 2-part labels consisting of a Surround and a Text Label, multiple graphic themes will be available, there will be options for 'standard' non-glow labels (same as for the MFC - 52 text labels) and custom labels, such as our very popular glow-in-the-dark labels!

The GCP presented a different challenge to the Fractal MFC when creating the KickTags. Firstly, there is nothing to prevent a label from 'spinning' on the GCP (on the MFC the LED ring stops the Surround from doing this). We solved this by making a Surround that fits over TWO switches to prevent movement, however we still have a different graphic over each switch to give each switch it's own look, split by a black strip in the middle of the Surround. The GCP is also a different mix of metal or has some coating on them which makes them 'less attractive' to magnets, so we've had to really think about a good way to secure each Surround - and this way worked best overall. You can still turn the board upside down and give it a good shake and nothing falls off!

Secondly, we didn't want to cover any of the control functions on the controller, but still wanted the labels to be as low-profile and non-dominating as possible, so we experimented with multiple possible layouts for the Surround and space for the Text label until we found the best mix of form and function.

As with the MFC KickTags, the Surrounds can be placed wherever you like and Text Labels can be placed within any Surround. The Text Labels are exactly the same as for the MFC, so if you have both boards, you can use the same Text Labels on both!

The MFC KickTags have been a great success and are now in use in 6 countries around the world, by home-players, pub-giggers, club players as well as international touring musicians. We'd like to thank you ALL for the support you have shown and for making our little product s the popular little things they have become - we are incredibly humbled and really appreciate it.

Anyway, more to follow and I'll post an update here when they are available in the store, but here are a couple of pictures to show you what they look like (you guys are getting the first look - will not really publicise until they are in the store). They will be available in the same graphic themes as the MFC ones and here's a sneak peak at Space, Grunge Metal and (of course) some glow-in-the-dark sexiness!

Cheers!
Sukh

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Last edited:
awesome....consider some sold to Wisconsin, US....lol....just gotta the funds approved by accounting, aka the wife.

I want some how do I buy them? How much are they?

send from Droid

Hello mate!

Price will be the same as the MFC KickTags.

They should be available in the store within the week - and I'll post an update here when they are up and ready to ship.

Cheers!
Sukh

No chance of any midimate labels on their way?

Would love to mate - but would need someone near us willing to lend a board for us to do the work on. Any takers in the south of England - please shout!

Obviously, if we get enough requests for any particular board, we'll do our best to get hold of one and give it a bash.

:)

Haha yeah fair enough :) I would be more than happy to lend it to you if i wasn't in Australia haha

But yeah.. If you ever do make a midi-mate set I would be one of your first buyers!

Very Cool!!! Just got my GCP and I will be awaiting your release of these. Can you ship to the US?

Very Cool!!! Just got my GCP and I will be awaiting your release of these. Can you ship to the US?

Yes mate, we ship worldwide. In fact, most of our customers are in the USA!

We're making some minor changes to the website, hence the delay, as when we tried to put the extra products we have in there last week it looked, well... crap! It was hard to figure out where to go to find what you needed and was all a bit messy, so we're having a *tiny* redesign this week. We have a 4-day holiday weekend here starting tomorrow (God Save the Queen and all that), so should be able to get it finished off, get the new KickTags in the online store and ready to go.

I'll post an update once we're all set, but apologies again for the delay in getting them ready to order.

Cheers!
Sukh

Hello mate! You'll notice that things on the site keep on changing around.... we're having a rebuild of the website (looks a lot cleaner now, I hope you agree!). All the web work should be finished by the end of this weekend. The GCP KickTags are here, I'm looking at them RIGHT NOW as I type this and are ready to roll, we just need to finish up on the site so that people can easily get to what they need to.

We have GCP KickTags, Behringer FCB1010 KickTags and some updates for the MFC that will all launch over the next week or so. Sorry its taken a little longer than we hoped - just been crazy busy...

Thanks for your patience my friend - it really should only be a few more days. If by Wednesday this week we still haven't finished, you have my full and publicly declared permission to fly over to England and beat me with a bush.

Cheers!
Sukh

Regular Fare
Depart:
Dublin 20:35
Arrive:
Birmingham T2 21:35
1 x Adult 194.99 EUR

Fare: 194.99 EUR
Online Check-In: 6.00 EUR
Delay/Cancel Levy: 2.00 EUR
Taxes / Fees: 33.89 EUR
Total Price: 236.88 EUR

The chance to beat someone with a bush with their permission. Priceless!

Last edited:
Regular Fare
Depart:
Dublin 20:35
Arrive:
Birmingham T2 21:35
1 x Adult 194.99 EUR

Fare: 194.99 EUR
Online Check-In: 6.00 EUR
Delay/Cancel Levy: 2.00 EUR
Taxes / Fees: 33.89 EUR
Total Price: 236.88 EUR

The chance to beat someone with a bush with their permission. Priceless!

Haha!

The day ain't over yet mate, but I'll get my running shoes on just in case!

Back
Top Bottom