Voodoo Lab IRs from AxeFest West?

mmcm4

Inspired
Does anybody know when the IRs from AxeFest West will be available?

It's hard to scour the various threads that spawned from the convention to get any release info.

When they are ready to make them available we will probably get an announcement from M@ and they will be up on AxeChange

Is there additional processing or something that needs to be done?

I have always (perhaps naively) been under the assumption that you simply hooked up a mic to your AxeFX, ran the test signal through the speaker, and captured an IR. If they've already done this (which I think they have judging by beta testers already using them), what's left to be done?

Patience my friend. These irs will be released when the Artist section in Axe Change is set up. Nothing needs to be done to these irs other than you picking the one that you like the most.

Believe me when I say these irs sound amazing. James's tone was one of the most amazing tones I've ever heard in my short life. No joke. This is coming from a metalhead.

Hmm... With my Redwirez pack, the new offerings from OH and the forthcoming Fractal artist offerings, I see myself running out of user IR slots pretty quickly.

Perhaps Fractal could swap out some of the factory IRs? (but this would probably stir up a shit storm)

Hmm... With my Redwirez pack, the new offerings from OH and the forthcoming Fractal artist offerings, I see myself running out of user IR slots pretty quickly.

Perhaps Fractal could swap out some of the factory IRs? (but this would probably stir up a shit storm)

Just don't mention the 8 ball!!

Patience my friend. These irs will be released when the Artist section in Axe Change is set up. Nothing needs to be done to these irs other than you picking the one that you like the most.

Believe me when I say these irs sound amazing. James's tone was one of the most amazing tones I've ever heard in my short life. No joke. This is coming from a metalhead.

Looking forward to these... but I must admit... with all the build up for AxeFest West... I'm in a bit of a post partem depression :)

Richard

Is it possible to make more slots for IR? My hope was/is that the new VL ir`s would be added as default in the next FW. And then keep the user slots. I don`t use a lot of the original ir`s, but some of them. There is probably users who found their sound with them, so taking them away/changing for new ones is maybe not an option.

After what i wrote now, maybe the best thing is to just download from axe-change as planned... :)

There is no way to add more cab slots unless you can add memory... which you can not do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Take your favorite Atomica preset and play around with the different cab combinations that James gave us, for example I have one of his EJ in the right and one of the Altec ones in the left, and they sound killer together. I will definitely be messing with the different combinations of these with different amp models. I can't wait till everybody's up and out of the house so I can crank this up with my Matrix and Cab. Every once in awhile, I have to pause and remember that this technology is so freaking ridiculously cool, that whatever tone I want I can get out of this thing. the tonal pallet is huge and immense, and for what they have given us, this thing should have cost us a million bucks. I made a fool out of myself by telling Cliff, that he is my Leo Fender, he is my generations Musical tool creator and builder and my inspiration. As goofy as I said it, I meant every word of it.

Thanks Fractal, and thanks James, Keep them coming.

Peace

Man, I would love to be able to start seriously incorporating some of the new OH cabs and perhaps these in my rig, but AxeEdit is really not playing well with my user cab slots. I wish there was a way other than AE to manage those slots, loading and moving IRs. I'd love to try one of the Altec ones with my Dumble patch.

I used Axe Edit to get them assigned in my User cab section and then assigned them to my preset, but then I saved my preset on the Axe itself. That worked without any problems.

I used Axe Edit to get them assigned in my User cab section and then assigned them to my preset, but then I saved my preset on the Axe itself. That worked without any problems.

Yeah, but MaxTwang and I aren't having that kind of luck, unfortunately. There's a thread on the bug forum about it. Glad to hear it works for you! All I appear to be able to do is have one slot that lets me audition a cab via AxeOMatic, in User 1, but I can't either rename or save that to a different slot via the front panel. Only that one slot is available to me.

Back
Top Bottom