Volume/Wah help-Mission SP-1

atlfalcons

Hello,

I am using a Mission SP-1 expression pedal with my axe 8. I currently have the wah figured out (set to external 1 for the pedal rocking and external two to activate/deactivate the wah). I have been trying to set it up like this: volume pedal all the time, then turns on the wah when engaged via the toe switch, then back to a volume pedal when the toe switch is disengaged. Is there anyone who can explain this in SIMPLE clear English terms for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not near my AX8 so can't get you screenshots, but here are the basics.

You also need to attach External 1 to the Control parameter of the Volume block. And yes: you need a Volume block in your preset, this swap can't be done with global volume control.

You only want either the Wah or the Volume block active, never both. So you also need to attach External 2 (your switch) to the Volume block bypass, but reverse the Min and Max parameters. When configured correctly, each press of the footswitch will toggle both the Wah and Volume blocks, turning one on and turning one off. External 1 (your pedal) will be controlling both blocks at all times, but only the enabled block has any impact on the signal.

Chris at axefx tutorials did a video on this. It's for the axefx, but setting up the blocks is the same.

Back
Top Bottom