Volume, Wah and Whammy using the Front Panel

FracAttack

Hi,
I've recently acquired an Ax8 and I've got past the basics. I'm looking to set up a signal chain that will include Wah, whammy and Volume blocks, all operated by a single Ev2. I've seen a video on YouTube detailing how a single expression Pedal can operate Wah and volume using Axe edit.

I wondered if anyone knew how to programme all three using the front panel only.
Any help on matters would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Beat me to it. Used to programme Ax2 front panel all the time. Ax8 is murder. Got volume pedal and wah not working, despite adding these regularly on the Ax2

Essentially the same steps as the video, but instead of right clicking a parameter to bring up a modifier in Axe-edit, select the parameter from the front panel edit menu and press enter to bring up the modifier menu.

Essentially the same steps as the video, but instead of right clicking a parameter to bring up a modifier in Axe-edit, select the parameter from the front panel edit menu and press enter to bring up the modifier menu.
No sorry mate it isn't! People keep advising to watch videos isn't the answer. Unless you watch all and more. I too sat and watched over and over. Callibrate tick, etc etc.

Couldn't get it to work. Can't remember, but one word of advice was, and I can't remember but leave one of the volume parameters in off position. It wasn't even relevant. It worked on medium, fast, slow AND off.

Eventually I discovered a parameter within a parameter which I overlooked, which wasn't on any video! I had to assign to Ex 2 twice. That wasn't in the video. Hey presto it worked.

Videos have helped me no end but these pedals can be tricky yet the tutorial speeds and finishes in about three minutes.

I've since saved the volume block and insert it into every patch. Don't know but can you download a patch and insert the wah and volume block meaning the ground work has already been done. For the strugglers?

Got a feeling maybe not but you can try. Any patch I now download with volume and wah work Without me using my saved block. Good luck chaps

Perhaps if at some point you specified WHAT video you watched, we would know if it’s mentioned in that video. There are many videos out there.
Chris. I watched video after video. Read thread after thread. Not one showed the bit I missed. I think now but could be wrong. I had to also tinker with the modifier section. small little yellow dot which ironically video did helped told me this parameter can be tweaked. Clicked on it and showed despite the videos advice. On this parameter nothng had been set up. I'll try tonight and clarify

Cannot sing praise enough for FAS products and forum. But people try and simplify a product that isn’t simple. Even after six years I have questions! My headphone scenario together with setup volume and, shows it can improve. Chris and Marks videos are great help, but I bought the tutorial for AX2 with different stages of lessons. It was unbelievable! I would buy the AX8 one like a shot. Or include it in the sale price.

Videos aside then, is it possible just to outline what these steps would be in laymens terms to avoid any confusion because I think some of us are up to different stages. If we could go back to talking about the signal chain first before the modifiers then everyone knows which parameters need tweaking and no stages will be left out.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom