Volume pedal question

m4ssi

Hi Guys!
I need a volume pedal, I saw that the EV-1 is not available from G66, is the Ernie Ball Volume VP JR 250 a good alternative? I just need it for volume, not interested in wah or other expression functionalities.

Thank you

I would not get that product because of the notoriously unreliable string design and the rather large size. I prefer Dunlop’s volume/expression, much more reliable in my experience and a reasonable size. Still a good idea to run it as an expression pedal controlling a volume block because then you can place it wherever you want in your chain, your signal isn’t running thru another passive pot, which means fewer potential points of failure.

Hi Guys!
I need a volume pedal, I saw that the EV-1 is not available from G66, is the Ernie Ball Volume VP JR 250 a good alternative? I just need it for volume, not interested in wah or other expression functionalities.

Thank you

EV-2 are nice, have a great, even throw, and are a bit lighter and more compact. If you have big feet, you can put them a little away from other items to give your foot more room.

I have 3 of them (and a Mission wah controller)....
20240217_185643.jpg

yes are great but not available on G66 :confused:

Maybe the mission engineering could be a valid option?

I have a pair of the EV-2 and a pair of the Dunlop (X) Mini pedals.

I've used the big Ernie Ball volume pedals for years with my analog pedalboard, and they worked fine, but I got tired of the added weight and size. When I switched to using the modelers, I wanted to shrink the footprint some and switched to the above pedals.

The Dunlop pedals work really well, and are the smaller of the two types. I have one on my Temple Audio Duo 24 next to my FM9. The pedal is just a tiny bit wider than the available space so I only used the screw holes on its left side to attach it to the board, but it's very solidly attached. While it looks like the board's handle is at the same height as the treadle, it's actually about an inch lower so I have no problem using the pedal.

tempImagefQrSTM.jpg

The EV-2 are much nicer pedals, a bit larger and heavier, but feel like they'll last forever. Fractal said:
[2] We make tour-grade equipment. The potentiometer in the EV-1 has a conductive plastic element with IP67 ingress protection. It is rated for 1,000,000 rotations and probably costs 10 times what the pot in other products cost. The housing is cast aluminum which is then powder coated for extra protection. You're getting something you can give to your grandchildren.

The EV-2 is the same construction as the EV-1 from what I can tell, and is my first choice over the Dunlop but I put them on the floor to the side of the Duo 24 or the FM3+FC6 or FX3+FC12 combos simply because they're a bit wider.

EV-1 or EV-2's are the best! I used to use an EV-1 but switched over to an EV-2 for my Vol pedal. I have a Mission EP-1 for wah and I've just ordered a Dunlop DVP4 for my 3rd Exp pedal for controlling other functions like trem speed etc.

I only ordered one of those as I didn't have enough room on my board for another EV-2 so I figured this was the next best thing.

If you can wait for the EV's to come back into stock I'd hang on for one. Or find one 2nd hand? If not then try the Dunlop pedals.

Back
Top Bottom