Fractal Expression pedal

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Have used the Boss FV500H for years. Just tried the Ev-1 by Fractal. Seems to be the same sweep to me. Sucks after spending $170 with shipping. Not sure what the fuss is about??? I re-calibrated and everything.....

You should try the Ep-1 from Mission.
One question out of the thread:
What can you say about the shure GLXD16 wireless unit?
I have line 6 690 and G50 never have issue with signal drop or something like that.
This shure has less feet range but worth the money?

Have used the Boss FV500H for years. Just tried the Ev-1 by Fractal. Seems to be the same sweep to me. Sucks after spending $170 with shipping. Not sure what the fuss is about??? I re-calibrated and everything.....

How different did you expect it to be ? The Boss is a pretty good pedal but its got dead spots, which is the major issue with it.

The EV-1 doesn't and looks a bit better to boot

I don't understand this. WHAT is wrong with your pedal?

Sounds like nothing's wrong with it, it just isn't anything special in his eyes. I personally liked it more than my mission pedal, seemed more durable, just didn't see the justification for the price when something cheaper was working fine for me. Different strokes for different folks I s'pose.

Manage your expectations. The EV-1 does what it does fantastically - but what it does isn't exactly riveting.

Sell the Boss to make up some of the expenditure and move on, or if you feel the quality jump is not worth the outlay, do the reverse. I'll take your EV-1 :)

Manage your expectations. The EV-1 does what it does fantastically - but what it does isn't exactly riveting.

Sell the Boss to make up some of the expenditure and move on, or if you feel the quality jump is not worth the outlay, do the reverse. I'll take your EV-1 :)

Sounds like nothing's wrong with it, it just isn't anything special in his eyes. I personally liked it more than my mission pedal, seemed more durable, just didn't see the justification for the price when something cheaper was working fine for me. Different strokes for different folks I s'pose.

It says Fractal Audio Systems on it. Its synonymous with quality, no low price (cough.. Berhinger...cough) lol

It says Fractal Audio Systems on it. Its synonymous with quality, no low price (cough.. Berhinger...cough) lol

Exactly. We make tour-grade equipment. The potentiometer in the EV-1 has a conductive plastic element with IP67 ingress protection. It is rated for 1,000,000 rotations and probably costs 10 times what the pot in other products cost. The housing is cast aluminum which is then powder coated for extra protection. You're getting something you can give to your grandchildren.

The Axe-Fx II, FX-8 and AX-8 use heavy-duty steel chassis, audiophile-grade op-amps, "flagship" converters, full-differential analog paths, PPS (poly-phenylene sulfide) film caps, ENIG (electroless nickel, immersion gold) circuit boards, etc., etc., etc. The only other product I've ever dissected (and I've dissected most of them) that comes close to this level of build quality is the Eleven Rack.

I dont chime in on the II forum much cause I still "only" have an 'ultra', but sometimes I find concepts I can apply from here to my current rig. And while I understand sometimes (hold it boys...i said sometimes :eek:) ) the initial sticker shock with some things. I can say that me spending my fortune on the FAS Ultra 8 years ago, just before the II came out (I could have the timeline wrong a bit) was still the best purchase I could have ever made. Now that was before the II (I think?), the XL, AX8 and all the other things came out and such....but what I felt was that I was paying for the QUALITY of the piece I purchased. It's easy to get lost in the 'free upgrades' and blah blah BS, but I still get people complimenting me on my tones with a box that has been 'outdated' by what 8 years now'ish?

I guess in my birthday, stubborn, somewhat buzzed ramblings...i'm vouching for the QUALITY of product that FAS puts out. It may not do more than another pedal does, it may not rewrite the book on something, nor break any ground NASA would call a press conference on (though they should in some instances I swear: CHEERS CLIFF)....the point is that I've paid for an item that I have FAITH in because of the quality of the build. Sure another pedal could do the same function...but I have had 0 issues with anything FAS...so in my book spending a bit more, means more peace of mind and less time at gigs worrying about something not working right.

I'll stand that quality up against anything else any day. Cheers to all you forumites who took time to read this. Again I don't chime in often as you guys/gals all pass my level of expertise.....but, this was too hard to pass up. Salute!! CHEERS brothers and sisters!

You're getting something you can give to your grandchildren.

Lol! That's a new way of putting it. :)

Seriously OP, tell us what the problem is? Maybe you are expecting more features? We need to understand why you are not happy and would feel frustrated enough to post it in the forum. Expression pedals pretty much do what they say on the tin, it's the quality that you end up paying for most of the time with them. I chose the EV-1 for 3 reasons:
1 - big sweep
2 - can double as volume pedal
3 - unquestionable quality

The EV-1 is the best pedal I have ever owned. It's like a handcrafted Swiss watch made with German toughness. If you don't like the sweep, try the mission pedals.

Amen to that! I was never a huge fan of the crybaby/vox wah sweep, the EV-1 feels and works brilliantly for any modifier ive tried it on. I loves it!

I have same dead spots on EV1...not sure the difference? Same dead on first 1/3 of travel. Guidance to alleviate this?

That shouldn't be. Are you sure you've connected and calibrated it properly? Using a TRS expression cable?

Back
Top Bottom