Volume Pedal Issue

Guitarist9891

Inspired
I am running out 1 to FOH and out 2 through mesa 20 20 into a 1x12 cab. The issue was that when I out my volume pedal all the way up, there was still a fair amount of signal coming from my 1x12. I have 2 virtual volume pedal blocks in the axe 2 layout (one for each output). I wanted to know what others are using, do you create the volume pedal in the layout or do you assign an expression pedal to some other function to control master volume (for example in the global menu or somewhere else, Axe has a lot of menus)

Would appreciate any advice, by the way, the signal could not have been coming from the PA because the since there are 2 virtual volume pedals one for each output, the output that goes FOH would have to be muted as well.

Make sure you calibrate your pedal travel in the Axe Fx or MFC, whichever you're using. If the pedal travel isn't properly set you could be at 0% (all off) on the pedal, but still be transmitting, say, 10 or 15% to the unit. You can find this in the Axe II manual under controllers, I think, or in setup for the MFC. There are also sections for it in both wikis. Once set, I am betting you're volume issue will be gone. Hope so!

I hope thats all it is. I have calibrated both pedals in my liquid foot jr, but maybe those settings got some how lost or changed. I just hope that my issue wont show itself in gigging volumes only. I will check tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

I hope thats all it is. I have calibrated both pedals in my liquid foot jr, but maybe those settings got some how lost or changed. I just hope that my issue wont show itself in gigging volumes only. I will check tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

If that doesn't work it sounds like you might need to adjust one of the modifiers to compensate for the differences in the signal.

i'm curious as to why you need to control both outputs separately with your feet. it would make more sense to have a single volume block in the layout at a point before the split.

i'm curious as to why you need to control both outputs separately with your feet. it would make more sense to have a single volume block in the layout at a point before the split.
There was a guy some time ago who wanted to mute the PA and let the crowd just hear his cabs, for effect :D

Reactions: yek
Sometimes I have to mute between songs. Or adjust my volume depending on the song that I am playing. If the sound engineer would ask I can easily disable the volume pedal that is going to the pa output. I play in a top 40 band so I have to play anything from Adele to bon jovi, to Britney spears to lady gaga etc...I don't have two separate expression pedals controlling two different volumes it's just one expression pedal controlling two virtual volume pedals in the axe.

Just a thought I am using an Ernie ball volume pedal as my expression pedal, and I am using a stereo to two mono jacks cable. One mono is labeled tip and another is ring. Could it be that I have to switch the two mono jacks around. If anything has any insight on this, it would really help.

Thanks!

Because my volume pedal has to go after the amp block. Otherwise it would control the gain. Also I have two amp blocks going to different outputs, since I am using a Mesa power amp I have to adjust the sag in the amp block that goes to output 2.

P.s.

The 1x12 and what goes into output 2 is just a personal monitor.

So the issue got solved, it was my volume pedal malfunction, got it fixed. Thanks to all who tried to help me out. As always this forum is great.

Back
Top Bottom