Volume drop after Amp load

Tom Morris

Power User
Was tweaking an Amp cab combo last night and started to move the combination to presets I use when I noticed when the Amp first loads its loud and clear then it starts to get compressed and lower in volume after a few seconds. I read a long running thread in the AX8 section that kind of sounds the same as what I'm hearing. In all fairness there isn't a control in the amp block I haven't touched so it must be something I have done. If you load the preset and switch the amp to channel B then back to A, A is loud then gets compressed and lower in volume. Anyone have an idea of what is going on here?

Attachments

• What in the hell.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Amp block is on A channel at preset load so you hear it right away. switching to channel B on the amp block and back to A and it does it again.

Scratching head.

Thank you Cliff. Some day I will learn how a real amps innards work. Till then I should probably not muck around as much. I went back to the un-altered amp and tried just basic EQ controls.

Thank you Cliff. Some day I will learn how a real amps innards work. Till then I should probably not muck around as much. I went back to the un-altered amp and tried just basic EQ controls.
Don't be afraid to "muck around" Tom. You need to tweak to find what you like. It's half the joy of having this tool.

Back
Top Bottom