Volume dips by itself?

RockerAlex

Inspired
I've had this happen a few times now and thought nothing of it, now I'm beginning to think it's a serious problem ...

Sometimes I'll be jamming away on the Axe (through the gear in my sig) and the volume will "half" and stay like that unless I change patch or turn the Axe off and on again. I'm currently still on firmware 9.02 and have nothing else plugged into the Axe except aforementioned gear.

Anybody else came across this problem?

Have you tried it through the headphones I would think if the volume don't drop in the HeadPhones than its in the poweramp

Still happening the volume drops and it loses all the punch as well
Would really love to get to the bottom of this ... I've checked the obvious things like faulty cables etc. All that's left is power outlets and I have really no way of checking if they are "faulty" or not ...

Also happens without FCB connected?
USB connected?
Axe-Edit running?

Last edited:
When it happens, check the grid to see if anything has changed.

I think you might be experiencing something similar I've experienced before. I sent it in and they said my 'parameter' was set wrong and thought it was resolved by resetting everything but it stills happens sometimes for me. Which kills me to think if it happens during a gig. Volume just cuts off for me... way more than half, almost non hearable.

Hope yours get fixed!

Sure that the CC for bypass is not sent accidentally?
To prevent this, set the Bypass CC in I/O to None.

I've seen the same thing. It seems to vary by preset. Messing with patches I had previously leveled, I had to dial a couple of them way up to match the rest (example: Amp block level at +5 dB, when I usually run around -10). Later, those patches are screaming, and I have to dial them back down.

I've seen the same thing. It seems to vary by preset. Messing with patches I had previously leveled, I had to dial a couple of them way up to match the rest (example: Amp block level at +5 dB, when I usually run around -10). Later, those patches are screaming, and I have to dial them back down.

I had the same issue, in my case relinking all the global blocks did it.

This happens to me on occasion and sometimes I can get it to come back up by choosing another preset and then back to the desired preset. Sometimes even that doesn't work and I have to shut the Axe II off and then on again. I was thinking it might be something hanging on my MFC-101. I'm gearing up to rebuild all my presets and assign them to different preset #'s to see if that cleans it up.

Back
Top Bottom