Volume block reverses its modifiers

I got my Axe-FX II last night, and it is awesome! I loved the Ultra (sold my Shiva once the Shiva model came out for it), but the Axe-FX II really outshines it. I mean, damn.

But I do have a weird problem. I'm using the most recent version of Axe-Edit and MFC-101 firmware and the Axe-FX II tells me it's running firmware 1.03. I get my expression pedal set up to do volume swells (a Vol/Pan block tied to Exp1, CC#16), and it works just fine. Then I save and change presets in Axe-Edit. When I come back to the original preset, my modifiers are ass-backwards. That is, when I left, heel was zero and toe was 100%. When I come back to the saved preset, heel is 100% and toe is zero.

Anybody else having this problem? This is super weird, and I can't figure it out. So far, it's the only problem I've had on an otherwise amazing unit.

Have you installed the 1.04 Axe-II firmware ?

No, I need to do that. This seems like a problem that should be pretty common, though, if I haven't simply botched something, so I would have thought 1.03 would be okay.

Nevertheless, I'll give 1.04 a try and see what happens!

Can you check the modifiers on the Axe itself after saving, and doing a preset change. It will help to figure out if its an AxeEdit issue or a firmware issue. Can get an official bug opened on it...

I'm having problems with more than just the volume block. My filter blocks are resetting their gain/level parameters when I leave the preset, and the send and return blocks are also resetting parameters.

The strange thing is that the changes appear to occur when I change presets. I can fix the oddball parameters and save in AxeEdit, and everything works as expected, but as soon as I change the preset, the values get reset. It doesn't matter if I go back to the original preset using AxeEdit or if I go back manually on the Axe-FX itself--the values are all wacky when I get back.

I upgraded the Axe-fx II firmware to v 1.04, and it didn't help. Interestingly, I don't have any of these problems when I'm not connected to the computer by USB and I edit the parameters manually on the unit itself. This leads me to suspect an AxeEdit problem.

I have the same issue with the vol block modifiers. I just edit them and save the block. Then when I use it on another preset I just paste it in, or just modify the parameters manually via edit. It's worked fine and hasn't been a big deal to me. Btw It's been happening since I got the ii and I've installed all the fw updates that have been released.

Never did get this resolved. My current solution is to edit everything manually, since Axe-Edit is misbehaving. The manual edits are streamlined with the new A,B,C,D buttons, and I can wait for a later version of Axe-Edit and see if it works then.

Back
Top Bottom