Volume and (Tone) loss

Hello, I hope you can help. Connecting my F8 to the AMP (4C method) it sucks volume and tone before the post out.

When using only PRE - without loop activated- volume /tone is the same when either FX/ or true by-pass is set
With serial Loop (wet 100%) and I bridged send/return with cable (no PAST)- it is the same: volume/tone is equal using true by-pass or not.

If I connect the FX PAST section with 4C method then it is a huge different between FX signal and true by-pass.

I have set the FX back to factory settings already. I have deleted all blocks and just use a clean preset. Cables are good.

Any idea what could be wrong ?

Best regards
Jan

Last edited:
Do you have the loop set to 100% wet?

I know some people that think those amps gets quieter and duller if it's set 100%"wet.

There's a tonne of people that use it in loops with zero tone suck or volume loss. So it's either a setting or an amp thing.

You CAN adjust the volume of pre post in the FX8.

I have put the serial loop 100 % Wet. I also bridged send and return with a cable and no effect. The volume/tone was clear and equal so it is not caused by a wrong setting

I tried to increase post in and out volume but I need the highest amount and still it is way less volume. Changing the volume settings even seems not to change anything

I have put the serial loop 100 % Wet. I also bridged send and return with a cable and no effect. The volume/tone was clear and equal so it is not caused by a wrong setting

I tried to increase post in and out volume but I need the highest amount and still it is way less volume. Changing the volume settings even seems not to change anything

grand... if you put it in FRONT of the amp do you hear a tone drop and volume loss?

No, then it is fine. Only Loop activated creates the problem. When going to Utility menu in the status you can see that volume is lower on 2L+R
hmm...

OK, I'm gonna say you need to talk to someone with more experience setting up the loop than I do... I'm sorry I don't know the answer, but at least whoever next comes into this thread will have a lot more info so they can help you more quickly! I'd be pretty certain there's just some setting in the FX8 that needs to be tweaked, but I don't want to give you bad advice!

No, then it is fine. Only Loop activated creates the problem. When going to Utility menu in the status you can see that volume is lower on 2L+R

I have now connected the Post section in front of the amp and then it shows the same volume drop. Must definitely be related to the pOST section of the FX

Try using the cables only hooked to something that will pass the true bypass signal. I had an issue with cables when I tried 4C with my old floor board. Everything sounded good till I turned on the loop then my tone and volume went down (tone suck).

Try using the cables only hooked to something that will pass the true bypass signal. I had an issue with cables when I tried 4C with my old floor board. Everything sounded good till I turned on the loop then my tone and volume went down (tone suck).

I already changed the cables with the Front section and it was the same problem. Cables seem to be ok - and they are high quality and new

Just to be sure, Is it in the serial loop or the parallel loop ? Is the loop of the JVM set to -10 or +4 db ? You have to set levels of the FX8 accordingly.

Try this.

Connect the FX8 in 4CM. Set the amp to a high gain channel and put a volume block in your POST section on the FX8. With the volume up you'll obviously hear everything like you been hearing.

But try the volume block all the way off (make sure it's in the POST, not PRE section). Do you hear any dry signal bleeding through? Most parallel FX loops that have a blend knob that goes to 100% don't actually go to 100%, they always bleed a little dry. That dry signal could be causing phase/tone/volume issues. There is anecdotal evidence online that the JVM amp FX loops don't have a truly serial signal path even at 100%.

You can overcome this issue by setting all POST blocks to parallel with 100% mix and setting the amp's FX loop level to somewhere between 25% and 50%. Then you control the level of each POST block with the block Level control or Input gain.

Back
Top Bottom