Vol. Pedal- into Axe or GPC ?

TonyGring

Inspired
I just got a Ground Control Pro. Am I better off running an EB Jr. volume pedal into the Axe or the GPC for controlling patch volume. Will the insert cable someone posted a link to ( Musicians Friend) work for either Axe expression pedal input or GPC expression pedal input? Thanks for your help.

Either one works fine. The insert cable is what you want to use. I believe you will just have to plug the TR side (the ones you plug into the EB) differently depending on whether you go into the gc pro or the back of the Axe-fx.

xrist04 said:
Both the GCP and the Axe-FX expect to see expression pedals plugged into their PEDAL ports.

A volume pedal has a different electrical circuit than an expression pedal. For more info, check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=832

You can sometimes use an insert cable to adapt a volume pedal for use as an expression pedal. Here's an example: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=330898
For more info, take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55

EB 250k monos work fine. At least the one I used (both in the axe-fx and gc pro). Taper is obviously not linear.

Back
Top Bottom