Virtual FC-12 or FC-6

guitarcal

Inspired
At the risk of sounding stupid, here is my scenario and question.

I mainly use my Axe FX III at my desk, but don't have room to connect my FC-12. I use Axe Edit to change scenes, patches, control switches, etc.
Is there a way to use a virtual FC-12 controller (maybe from axe edit?) to change these params instead of having to connect my FC-12?

Does this make sense? I searched a little on the forum, maybe "Virtual" isn't the right word.

Thanks!

I'm new here so I can post links, but if you search for the following you should be able to find a previous thread on here about this:

virtual-midi-foot-controller-edit-official-website-launched

i asked for something similar a while back, as i don't always want to set up my FC12 between gigs, but might need to tweak a few presets. i say embed it into axe edit. have some continuous controllers available in there too. a few people thought it was a good idea, but it didn't get much traction. lets keep asking.
because you can switch presets via midi, i have my ipad set up and one of them widi thingies in the back of the axe, but continuous control seems to be out of the question as well as control switches, as all that stuff is sysex commands i think

Last edited:
A virtual FC (maybe with option 3-6-9-12) to use with axeedit is a great idea!

i asked for something similar a while back, as i don't always want to set up my FC12 between gigs, but might need to tweak a few presets. i say embed it into axe edit. have some continuous controllers available in there too. a few people thought it was a good idea, but it didn't get much traction.

I am glad I am not alone here, I like the idea of adding a virtual FC-x within Axe Edit.

could axe edit not sync with your actual FC that you have attached? so it knows how you have it set up? maybe?

could axe edit not sync with your actual FC that you have attached? so it knows how you have it set up? maybe?

I am not sure I completely follow, but yes, it would be nice if you could load the FC settings into the virtual FC.

I see this feature working either with your FC controller connected or disconnected. Either way, you could toggle a virtual FC controller in Axe Edit on screen. When you press one of the virtual buttons, it would be the same as if you were pressing an actual button on the FC controller.

yeah, exactly. although it's the axe fx that stores all the FC settings, not the actual FC, so i don't know why i said that really. doesn't make sense to have to plug the FC in, you wouldn't need to.

I have a Stream Deck on my desk and i remember setting a bunch of axe edit shortcuts on it. A neat device it can send usb midi too.
I'm using a Stream Deck with Cubase - really liking it.

I haven't tried to setup the SD for Axe Edit. Would you mind sharing your settings for AE?

SA
I'm using a Stream Deck with Cubase - really liking it.

I haven't tried to setup the SD for Axe Edit. Would you mind sharing your settings for AE?
Sadly i no longer have that SD profile. When i first got SD i did a separate profile for most apps i use, but i quickly found i rarely ever use it like that and it was too much clutter. So in the end i settled on a general kitchen sink profile.
The most useful controls i have on SD are Volume controls for UAD, UAD input mutes, youtube Slow down/ speed up, Number pad , and then lounching my most used apps.

Attachments

• IMG_4900.jpg
    IMG_4900.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
SA

Sadly i no longer have that SD profile. When i first got SD i did a separate profile for most apps i use, but i quickly found i rarely ever use it like that and it was too much clutter. So in the end i settled on a general kitchen sink profile.
The most useful controls i have on SD are Volume controls for UAD, UAD input mutes, youtube Slow down/ speed up, Number pad , and then lounching my most used apps.
No worries. Sounds like you're putting your SD to good use. Thanks for the pic!

Back
Top Bottom