Virtual capo

Does anyone have issues with virtual capo really slowing up? I have tried to use it on multiple presets tuned down a halfstep.. sometimes it fast and sounds great. In other instances same preset its slow.. anything im doing or is there a fix for it?

In the Pitch block, set the 'Pitch Tracking' to 'Off' and use the 'Tracking' knob to set the balance of quality and latency for each preset. I use the Virtual Capo in a preset running @ 70% CPU that uses Shifts from -4 to -1. With the Tracking set @ 4.6 it's been working fine.

It would be nice to have a reference for VC Best Practices for optimal performance.
I know to place it right after the input block, make sure the CPU is not near max.

It would be nice to have a reference for VC Best Practices for optimal performance.
I know to place it right after the input block, make sure the CPU is not near max.
I agree, but also why wouldnt it be setup to perform in its best practice? Shouldn't the tracking and other parameters be set to optimal levels initially?

I agree, but also why wouldnt it be setup to perform in its best practice? Shouldn't the tracking and other parameters be set to optimal levels initially?
The "optimal levels" depend on the person, preset, etc. If CPU usage is high, one might need to sacrifice a little quality in order to reduce latency. If the preset is for primarily single notes, simple chords, etc, then lower quality will still sound fine and latency will be reduced. In contrast, if someone plays complex chords, lots of bends, etc - they would need higher quality in order to get the pitch block to react properly.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a reference (other than the threads on the forums) for how to best utilize these settings, but the balance does shift depending on the use case.

Back
Top Bottom