Video using FRFR axe II and EV elx 112p

farrakon

Inspired
Makin it sound like a real cab and amp. I like it a lootttttt!!! Im sellin my cabs! lol

Using the "Exx FX" lol!

cool but "I phone?" any way its sideways on my computer. I have 2 ev 112 p, get a second, spread em out and rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock. can you post your presets? also curious what level do you have the input and outputs set on the ev 112, and the output knob on your axe fx? nice job once again. I will try mine with all the air!

I've gotten this fairly recently as well, and am LOVING it! :D

edit - mine are the non-powered ones, I use the matrix with them. MASSIVE and very 'real'.
(used to use the matrix with real cabs, but sold most of 'em)

If I'm understanding this correctly, the sound was recorded from the PHONE? God, I'm counting the days...

Really liked what I heard! Care to share the patch?

you say the "air" Isnt that an ultra thing? I dont see air anywhere on in the axe 2. maybe depth?

Oh and I set the EV ELX red master volume to right about the bad hissing begins... which is at 2 or 3 o clock... then I turn the channel I plug the axe to to the max.

In the axe I set the output knob to max.... I do all volume control throught the axe. I set most patch levels in the amp block to -18 to -24 db depending on how loud the amp simulation is. Next to that I simply control the axe as I would a real amp.

Air is in the cab block. Second page i think

:shock:eek::mrgreen omfg holy insanity, and I call myself a knob turner, I literally had NO f ing idea there was a second page in the amp block Mooooooooooooore knooooooooooooooooooooobs, that is awesome, and just think if you hadnt said 'air' I may have never seen that for the next 30 years; Its amazing what the eyes just skip over. Thank you moin froind.

Oh and I set the EV ELX red master volume to right about the bad hissing begins... which is at 2 or 3 o clock... then I turn the channel I plug the axe to to the max.

In the axe I set the output knob to max.... I do all volume control throught the axe. I set most patch levels in the amp block to -18 to -24 db depending on how loud the amp simulation is. Next to that I simply control the axe as I would a real amp.

wow you are crankin that mofo, that's why yer patches sound so quiet to me, I have the input output volumes on the ev at about 2 also, but adjust the volumes internally on the axe so all my variability can be done with the output knob on the axe. that way I can turn loud or soft at will without having to go into my patches or the backs of my ev's which I never touch. I max out the level internally before it clips, then have the output of the axe at 7-9, over 9 oclock im gettin wall shaking, about 10 oclock Ive defeated fletcher munson in a fight to the death.

What "air frequency" are you using?
Its set to the default 8000... havent played with the frequency yet.... but right now the Air seems to impact the sound greatly so ill let you know what else I find out tonewise for live playin.

symphx: the idea I have behind maxing all out is to be able to control the axe in a matter that is as natural as the real thing. The axe is supposed to deliver the realism so im going for that... no peq, no global eq... none of that... I just configure the speaker parameters in the amp block to simulate real speakers and give me the necessary eqing and I adjust the advanced parameters of the amp as for my liking. After that is controling the amps eq, drive, and master volume... nothing else!

I couldn't get it to sound right with ART SLA-2 and ELX 112 passive and started using a VHT cab instead. It sounded good, but I'm in a band with a dude with a Carvin Legacy cab and 5150 sig model. I had the hardest time cutting through, although I could definitely feel the thump from the little monitor. Got any tips to make it sound more realistic?

they say the art sla produces a dark tone. Try using a different IR... i just found out about these : Kalthallen Cabs - Guitar cabinet IRs and Nebula programs .... they sound freaking amazing!! Also... how are you placing the speaker? it should be in the air if standing up unlike a guitar cab rested on the floor... if you are using it as a wedge its hard to cut through.

Here are my updates patches for FRFR:

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=iowTBiVpZ

using Kalthallen Cab IR

Last edited:
they say the art sla produces a dark tone. Try using a different IR... i just found out about these : Kalthallen Cabs - Guitar cabinet IRs and Nebula programs .... they sound freaking amazing!! Also... how are you placing the speaker? it should be in the air if standing up unlike a guitar cab rested on the floor... if you are using it as a wedge its hard to cut through.

Here are my updates patches for FRFR:

No description.

using Kalthallen Cab IR

nuthin there, dead link

My girlfriend is a DJ and has 2 ZLX-15p units with an 18inch Sub - might need to record that setup and put it on here after seeing this post!

Back
Top Bottom