VIDEO: Two guitars, one Axe FX II - Improv Fusion Jam - Sean Ashe & Cat Clemons

Thanks for sharing your video and great playing Sean and Cat. How long have you guys been playing and where and what have you been studying? You both seem to be well versed in playing over changes...it's very impressive and wonderful to hear. Thanks again and I hope you guys will post more videos in the future.

Thanks for sharing your video and great playing Sean and Cat. How long have you guys been playing and where and what have you been studying? You both seem to be well versed in playing over changes...it's very impressive and wonderful to hear. Thanks again and I hope you guys will post more videos in the future.

Thank you Dolphin!!! Cat and I have both been playing about 5 and a half years. I think it would have been Fall 2006 we started? I actually didn't even meet Cat until December haha, and he only lived 20 minutes away! lol. But, I am actually self-taught, and Cat has taken a year of Jazz Studies at Texas State University, but he already knew the curriculum. I just recently started attempting to play over changes since about maybe february or march, but cat's been playing jazz for a long time.

But thank you for the kind words and yea we want to do more videos for sure!!! He's trying to convince me to do one of Giant Steps but I will probably fail hard lol.

Thank you Dolphin!!! Cat and I have both been playing about 5 and a half years. I think it would have been Fall 2006 we started? I actually didn't even meet Cat until December haha, and he only lived 20 minutes away! lol. But, I am actually self-taught, and Cat has taken a year of Jazz Studies at Texas State University, but he already knew the curriculum. I just recently started attempting to play over changes since about maybe february or march, but cat's been playing jazz for a long time.

But thank you for the kind words and yea we want to do more videos for sure!!! He's trying to convince me to do one of Giant Steps but I will probably fail hard lol.

Giants Steps would be great to hear and I'm sure you would know what to do and do it well!. Keep up the great playing and I look forward to your future posts.

Thanks a lot brother! And learning to play Jazz and improvised music is really all about listening to records and learning from there. I would say that around 75% or more of my knowledge comes from listening to and transcribing records. I also studied under Dale Prasco, who graduated first in his class from Berklee, so that helps as well! $$$

Back
Top Bottom