Video: Moke's Preset Tour and Demo/Tutorial - Part 6 (new awesome Acoustic Simulation)

Moke, is your Limelight preset impossible to replicate in the AX8 without the tone match modules?

I want the solo sound badly.

Moke, is your Limelight preset impossible to replicate in the AX8 without the tone match modules?

I want the solo sound badly.
Not sure there is enough CPU. Maybe it can be done with 2 or 3 presets instead of scenes?

Cool..........Would it be easier if I put all the files into a single Zipped file?

yes indeed, maybe you should redo it as a zip and distribute it that way. Do a folder called IR's and do a folder called presets. Was a bit confused myself, but sorted it out eventually :)

A very short (teaser) clip of my latest 'Acoustic Simulation' preset that I have been working on since I got the Axe-Fx. This by far the closest that I have gotten. It has the 'thump' in the attack and a real nice tone.

This is coming from the bridge humbucker pickup of my Ernie Ball Music Man 'Axis' guitar! ...........Epic!!!.........

How would one get this through an FX8. Which effect would I use? Thx.

How would one get this through an FX8. Which effect would I use? Thx.
Unfortunately you wouldn't........The 'Cab' block and the "Tone Matched' IR is where this tone is coming from. And must be played through a FRFR system.

yes indeed, maybe you should redo it as a zip and distribute it that way. Do a folder called IR's and do a folder called presets. Was a bit confused myself, but sorted it out eventually :)
Ok...Just changed all of the preset downloads to a single 'zipped' file. It contains the Preset or Presets, The 'PDF' description, and a sub-folder for the IRs. Once you un-zip the folder, It will stay together as a single preset folder and be much easier to organize and find when you need to.

Would the preset work with a strat? My main axe is Haahr start with a DG-20 set of pickups.

Sounds great....

Purchased your acoustic for Single Coils .. PDF wont open ?? I am a newbee to AX8 ( 2 days new ) , can import it all etc, but not sure which is the guitar tone file and which is the cab file ??

Hi @redmusic ...The download consists of a 'Zipped' file and a separate 'PDF' file.

The 'Zipped' file must be unzipped first. Inside it are......
  1. A PDF 'Description' file with important info on the IR placement and scenes, etc........... Read this first..
  2. An 'IR' file with any IRs that may be included. Import them into the User Slots recommended.
  3. One preset with any external controllers attachments that are listed in the 'Description' PDF file.
  4. One preset with (nec) added to the name, with no external controllers assigned.
Unzipped.png

The separate 'PDF' file contains the 'Update\Archive' link. Save this in a save place. It gives you unlimited access to all future updates for that particular preset. Double click on this file, then click on the 'link' to be taken to the 'Update\Archive' page for that preset.
Click.png

Last edited:
Well since this post was so eloquently resurrected..;) I figured that I would put a link that shows a newer version. It really is quite different.

Back
Top Bottom