video from a short tweaking session

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Here's a video from a short tweaking session :

In my original 5 scenes presets, each scene sets a different amount of gain in the amp block. Scene 1 is clean, scene 2 edge of breakup, scene 3 crunch, scene 4 mid gain, scene 5 high gain for soloing.

Here, I'm showing how to change a 5 scenes preset into a continuous controlled one, using an expression pedal. I captured the process in real time so there's some trial and error. The main difficulty is to have a constant volume over the course of the expression pedal.

The same editing principle works for the AX8 ; in fact it's a preset I imported from the AX8, that's why I'm using a filter block for the amp volume - in the Axe-Fx II it's possible to assign a controller to the amp "Level" parameter, but not in the AX8.

One lesson to learn : even the mighty HBE can be cleaned :p

Very cool. Thanks for capturing the vid of your process. I tend to be a visual learner, so this fits me to a "T"!

Cheers,

Lee

I found it very interesting. I think it can apply very well live. Many times I have to go from 1 preset to another in a song. The expression pedal would be a lot easier.
Now I just have to figure out how to create my preset. Thanks for the video.

Thibault

But that wasn't the intent, to play a song. :) It covered my expectations quite nicely!. Good job.

Lee

Epic fremen - thank you for sharing that ability to use one exp pedal to drive so many functions to create such a broad spectrum of tone w/ one amp and fx chain.

I finally had the chance yesterday to give your ideas a go on my box. Sounds amazing. Thanks again for posting the instructional video.

Cheers,

Lee

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

I really like your delay and reverb settings on this preset as well. Do you mind sharing a snapshot of them? I'm never quite satisfied with my delay.

I admit that musically it's not interesting though ;)
Great video tutorials, fremen ;)
and nice to see how many possibilities there are to explore with AXE
p.s.
I like to use the expression pedal
:)

Fantastic video :cool:

Back
Top Bottom