Video - Fractal-Bot updating an Axe-FX II on Mac

Yeah it sounds like the drivers aren't installed. Also try a different USB cable or port.

Ahh it worked like a charm after reinstalling the drivers again. Thanks Guys!!!

Now I want to install the v10 presets......do I use the BOT or axe edit?

Ahh it worked like a charm after reinstalling the drivers again. Thanks Guys!!!

Now I want to install the v10 presets......do I use the BOT or axe edit?

Sending presets with Fractal-Bot is currently not supported. Axe-Edit/Midi OX/Sysex Librarian would be your best bet.

My Axe II is currently running v4.01, and I'd like to upgrade to v10 firmware and presets. As I haven't done updates in quite a while, I have a few questions.

I'm using a Mac and I'm not sure if I have the most up-to-date driver installed for the Axe. How do I verify that? Do I need to uninstall whatever driver I have before installing the newest one, and if so, how?

Once I've updated the firmware with Fractal-Bot, what's the best method for upgrading to v10 factory presets? Sounds like Axe-Edit 1.9 is full of bugs, but is it safe for uploading those presets? If not, should I use Snoize? Chris, I tried to watch your YouTube vid on the topic, but it only seems to load the first few seconds of it, for some reason.

My Axe II is currently running v4.01, and I'd like to upgrade to v10 firmware and presets. As I haven't done updates in quite a while, I have a few questions.

I'm using a Mac and I'm not sure if I have the most up-to-date driver installed for the Axe. How do I verify that? Do I need to uninstall whatever driver I have before installing the newest one, and if so, how?

Once I've updated the firmware with Fractal-Bot, what's the best method for upgrading to v10 factory presets? Sounds like Axe-Edit 1.9 is full of bugs, but is it safe for uploading those presets? If not, should I use Snoize? Chris, I tried to watch your YouTube vid on the topic, but it only seems to load the first few seconds of it, for some reason.

If you're not sure about the driver it would be best to download and install the latest one - Fractal Audio Systems - Support
You should be able to just install it. However, if you'd like to remove the old driver first, delete the /Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/AxeFxII folder on your computer.

As for upgrading to the V10 presets, you can certainly try out Axe-Edit. Snoize will work as well.

Back
Top Bottom