Vibro Verb Cabs

boyce89976

Experienced
Some of the Vibro Verb cabs are "ducking" for me (more like reverse ducking). They are fine on the attack, but quickly attenuate as if being super compressed. I tried a bunch of them, and it seems like it's the 121 and 160 cabs. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

You are probably either overdriving something after the iR (i.e. the preamp section of the cab block) or have a compressor or something else nonlinear after it.
I'll check that, but it was the 4th cab in a cab block and the other 3 cabs were fine when solo'd. When I solo the Vibro Verb cab is when it does it.

Last edited:
You are probably either overdriving something after the iR (i.e. the preamp section of the cab block) or have a compressor or something else nonlinear after it.
This was it. I had the preamp set to Transformer, Drive about 7.5 and Saturation about 1.5 (@strabes' settings he mentioned on here recently). I've been using those settings for a couple weeks now in other presets with no issues. For some reason, some of the Trem-O-Verb IR's are overdriving the cab block preamp (I've tested the "D" variant of each mic and only the SM57 doesn't overdrive the cab block preamp. The 121, 160, 313 and 4047 all overdrive the pre). The preset below has the Term-O-Verb IR solo'd in both cab blocks with the preamp settings above.

Attachments

• Dumble EOB_20240116_143754.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom