VH Reverb for live use

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I'm looking for recommendations on how to use some reverb to cop EVH's lead tone in a live setting. I know the records have a lot of reverb but in general reverb doesn't sit well in a live situation.. so how do I recreate that vibe without getting lost in the mix or sounding washed out? I'm playing through a ASM12 FRFR cab and also direct to FOH.

I don't think anybody cares about the reverb, live. Just add the rest of the effects. IMHO.

No pre-delayed reverb means no authentic early Van Halen tone. Although the dry and verb are panned fairly opposite one another, my only live concession is to keep them both center.

Try this reverb block. Ed's reverb is usually panned hard to one side and pretty dry on the other. You'll have to try that and centered in a live situation and see which is best. Like most things, loud and live will show you what's what.

Here's a more Modern Eddie patch that may help too.

Attachments

• EVH -Reverb 1.blk
    384 bytes · Views: 54
  • Modern Eddie.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I'm looking for recommendations on how to use some reverb to cop EVH's lead tone in a live setting. I know the records have a lot of reverb but in general reverb doesn't sit well in a live situation.. so how do I recreate that vibe without getting lost in the mix or sounding washed out? I'm playing through a ASM12 FRFR cab and also direct to FOH.

try London plate but set pre decay to 250 max and mix about 62.8
adjust to taste

Back
Top Bottom