VH Best of Both Worlds Summer 24 Tour

TD77

Inspired
I don’t listen to Howard Stern anymore but caught a YouTube clip yesterday. Seems Sammy and Mike are going on the road next summer on “The Best of Both Worlds Tour” to pay tribute to Eddie. Heavy focus on the van Hagar era songs as well as some early VH. Jason Bonham on drums and Joe Satriani on guitar. It was said that other guitarists will be invited as well as Alex Van Halen….if he decides to return Sammy’s calls.

Hats off to these guys for doing SOMETHING to honor Eddie.

Also, looked like Joe was using an FM9 on the show. Pretty cool

I don’t listen to Howard Stern anymore but caught a YouTube clip yesterday. Seems Sammy and Mike are going on the road next summer on “The Best of Both Worlds Tour” to pay tribute to Eddie. Heavy focus on the van Hagar era songs as well as some early VH. Jason Bonham on drums and Joe Satriani on guitar. It was said that other guitarists will be invited as well as Alex Van Halen….if he decides to return Sammy’s calls.

Hats off to these guys for doing SOMETHING to honor Eddie.

Also, looked like Joe was using an FM9 on the show. Pretty cool
He was using the Fender Tonemaster

Wow. I couldn’t see it very well but thought it looked like the FM9. Either way Joe can play through a tin can and kill it.
It's been posted on the Tonemaster forums and Sammy posted a video on his instagram of them playing poundcake and you can see it clear as day. I wonder if this is why they changed the Marshall model to be authentic version instead of Joe's marshall lol

This brings back fond memories of December 1990, when I was working on the luxury cruise ship Crystal Harmony, Michael brought his family on vacation there, and part of my duties in addition to performing, and port lecturing, I did some DJ sets in the onboard disco, and Michael and VH had just finished the yet-unreleased F.U.C.K. Album and had brought a CD with him, and we had some fun blasting it in between the Billy Ocean and Madonna cuts…a very sweet and unpretentious guy!

Last edited:
I am going to this in Tampa for sure. Sammy is one of thee best entertainers ever. So much fun to watch and hear them.

Back
Top Bottom