VH Best of Both Worlds Summer 24 Tour

Ive seen a few people mention the FM9 but he was clearly using the Tonemaster

I'm sure that Joe uses the Fender Tonemaster because the 5150 III Stealth is a Fender product. That pedalboard "claims" to have the 5150 III tones in it. Although I saw a demo of Fractal, Neural DSP, and Fender units and the Fender sounded the WORST compared to an actual amplifier.

Check on YouTube for the video...I don't have the link, sorry. Either way, he should try using the Fractal 100%

also, props to Sammy who can still sing thank god. I dont' think he's the kind of cat to keep going when his voice finally craps out. Not like like the guy needs the money.

Yeah...he was having some issues hitting the high notes. Now...could be he's just not in tour shape yet or wasn't warmed up, but sounded a little rough IMHO.

Yeah...he was having some issues hitting the high notes. Now...could be he's just not in tour shape yet or wasn't warmed up, but sounded a little rough IMHO.

I've noticed that. He sounds respectable -- great for an older guy -- on most notes. But he has to choose substitute notes (down a 3rd, a 5th, or even a 6th) for some of the high stuff. And I'll guarantee he isn't even trying that last screech of 5150, anymore.

It happens to us all. Sammy was quite a vocal athlete in thirty years ago, but some things are only do-able by peak talents when they're at the peak of their careers. (It isn't like Mary Lou Retton is still winning Olympic golds, today.)

as a evh fan boy who loved both the roth and sammy eras equally, i had mixed feelings watching the HS performances. i totally appreciate sammy wanting some sort of a tribute tour. it's the least he desrves.

but satriani's playing, which i will openly admit never did anything for me, (not that he's not a great musician, much respect) just sounded clincal, lifeless and without charm.....enough that i have no desire to see them live.

by the same token, it just increased my incredible love/respect for evh....and makes me feel not as bad when i try to learn a solo.

he was and will always be something special.

I have mad respect for Joe Satriani as a player. As a teenager he was the first successful instrumentalist I discovered at the time. I admit though that I'm not overly thrilled that he's going to be doing the VH stuff cuz Joe's signature is just so recognizable that you forget its VH for a moment. It's like when you go to take a sip of what is Pepsi but then it's Rootbeer. Your brain gets fucked up for a second. The more I think about it I wish they had someone like Phil X doing the guitar but ....this lineup is basically a chickenfoot reunion minus Chad Smith

...But how many Dave era songs will they do? RWD & ATL are the only two I think they'll do. I hope I'm wrong.
Well, if they're implying it's a tribute to EVH and calling this tour, "Best of All Worlds" and they only play those two Dave songs, there's going to be a lot of pissed-off/ripped-off/disappointed fans. :p
They'll probably add one or two more Dave songs, and play a couple of Chickenshit numbers, and the same ol' Sammy songs with two-thirds of the setlist played in a lower key. And fans will rave about it.

Rocco would have ripped it up...shame he's not on the forum any longer. As said previously, it makes sense on several levels for Sammy's choice. The Circle was awesome when I saw them 2 years ago.

The funny thing to me is that nowhere in the posted ads I've seen does it say anything about Eddie or a tribute...

Also, this ad lists some songs, including Panama.

66D970CC-5DA2-4626-89BA-39ACB302ADE1.jpeg

Which is what he normally would do on any tour. I have no problem with people buying tickets to see this tour but I see it as a cash grab.
Call it, 'Sammy Hagar and the Circle Tour of 2024' and he'd sell x number of tickets.
Promote and alter the tour's title to piggyback off of the EVH legacy and you sell number of tickets.
Cash grab for who? Sammy is already mindblowingly wealthy. Pretty sure Mike & Joe don't need the money either. I get the money aspect of it is the quick, easy go to. However, I highly doubt that's it.

I honestly don't care what the motivation is for the tour. They haven't said its a tribute and for many reasons maybe this is their way of doing a 'tribute' without saying it's a tribute after having given that first opportunity to the Halen family who didnt seem to keen on doing it. Anyhow, its interesting and if its putting out some VH music I'm happy either way really. On my Youtube feed today the most random vid popped up. I don't know this guy or have never seen any of his content but it made me laugh. That old school guy POV is pretty hilarious to me. All good stuff

Talking Stick Resort Amphitheater (Phoenix) in August!? Phuq-na, brah, it's gonna be a buck ten out there even after the sun goes down.
They might as well have booked a gig on the surface of the sun!

The food situation there is also long lines.

Been thinking a bit about the whole Joe Satriani thing on Howard Stern. First off the guys's a total professional. Stepped up to the plate when he was basically put on the spot and not adequately prepared. Since then on social media you have all these bedroom players who are on take #59 of practicing a 45 second segment and post and the tag Joe Satriani to show him how its played.C'mon! That's just bad form. Anyhow, I recently watched this interview with Nuno Bettencourt on the Jeremy White show and you can see it for yourself but I think Nuno's take on all this is spot on. Starts around the 11:30 mark.

Been thinking a bit about the whole Joe Satriani thing on Howard Stern. First off the guys's a total professional. Stepped up to the plate when he was basically put on the spot and not adequately prepared. Since then on social media you have all these bedroom players who are on take #59 of practicing a 45 second segment and post and the tag Joe Satriani to show him how its played.C'mon! That's just bad form. Anyhow, I recently watched this interview with Nuno Bettencourt on the Jeremy White show and you can see it for yourself but I think Nuno's take on all this is spot on. Starts around the 11:30 mark.

More and more it seems people with hot takes seeking clicks are ruling social media and "news". It's stupid. Nuno's on the money.

Back
Top Bottom