VH Best of Both Worlds Summer 24 Tour

be there at the LA Forum on August 19th - should be great based on the vids from Palm Beach, FL (from 7/13)

All I can say is hat's off to Joe Satriani. Total Catch 22, darned if you do darned if you don't, situation. No doubt he could play everything note for note, but many would be critical, saying he didn't sound like EVH. He chose to be himself playing Van Halen songs, keeping true to the hook but not playing exactly what Eddie played.

I can't really think of anyone else who would have had the self-awareness to 'stay out of the way' and pay tribute to an icon that changed rock guitar.
They sound killer IMO , Sammy is what 75 ??
The critics are ridiculous
I too wish Alex, Wolf and DLR
Had joined out , Sammy had invited both Alex and DLR and never got replies which is sad to me and I think they may live to regret it when the tours over , instead of being part of something really cool 😎

Joe is great here his tone from 3power Dragons is phenomenal and as you said all the big fills and squeals he Nails even if he takes artistic licence on some parts all of the key phrases or notes or taps from the originals are well represented

lots of videos are popping up on youtube and its sounding freaking awesome. I wish i could catch a concert locally.

Back
Top Bottom