very odd behavior of effects A,B,C,D

violindave

Inspired
AxeFX III with FC12
Experienced this with both delay and pitchshift

In the same preset let's say scene 1, I set pitchshift to a fixed harmony
then set scene 2 to whammy. I control the whammy using external 1 pedal. The different effects are assigned to A or B etc and are fully saved in the preset

If I then switch back to scene 1 and back again to scene 2, the pitchshift in scene 2 now changes to the same fixed harmony as in scene 1.

Same sort of thing with delay. Scene 1, I set to one delay
scene 2 to a different delay
switch back to scene 1 and then when I go back to scene 2 the delay is now the same delay as scene 1

What am I doing wrong? this is surely not expected behavior?

Here's another oddity:
I have one scene with a delay where the mix is controlled by external 1 pedal
in another scene the delay is inactive, but now a wah is active and is controlled by the same external 1 pedal
So in one scene the wah only should be active. and when I use the pedal it should just control the wah.
In the other scene only the delay is active not the wah
But when I go to use the pedal to control the delay, the wah also is being controlled so both effects are going at the same time. Not what I set up or intended. Same thing if I go to the scene with the wah, where the delay is not active, when I kick in the wah the delay kicks in as well

another odd thing. when an effect is available in a scene and the FC12 foot switch is assigned to that effect, it should show up with a dull color, then if I stomp on that switch the effect should turn on and the color becomes bright. Right? On some switches assigned to an effect in a scene the dull color is not there. on some the behavior seemed odd too. Not at the set up right now to remember exactly what happened but it was not the expected.

Note I had to send the FC12 back last year shortly after the warranty was up because some other odd behavior on foot switches and when I sent it in they found one part of the circuit board was bad and replaced it. I'm suspecting the FG 12 is a lemon and has now failed on another part of the board. Or is it possible the FC12 is ok and there is something wrong with the Axe?

Big gig coming up and do not have the warm and fuzzy that my setup is going to behave. I have an AX8 but the sound is so much better on the AxeFXIII that I hate to have to go back to the AX8

Would sincerely appreciate some help in determining if the issue is operator error - me - or FC12 or AxeIII

Thanks!!!

This sounds like confusion between scenes and channels. If you want a block to have different settings in different scenes, each scene has to have the block on a different channel.

To put it differently, actual block settings aren't in the scenes themselves, they're in the channels of each block. A scene just stores which channel is active for each block, and which blocks are active.

Hope that helps, if not, post the preset.

This sounds like confusion between scenes and channels. If you want a block to have different settings in different scenes, each scene has to have the block on a different channel.

To put it differently, actual block settings aren't in the scenes themselves, they're in the channels of each block. A scene just stores which channel is active for each block, and which blocks are active.

Unless you use a scene controller, correct?

yes each scene has the effects block on a different channel. So scene 1 pitch set to channel A with fixed harmony. Scene 2 pitch set to channel B whammy. I'm not great with tech but I've been using AX8 for several years. I understand scenes and presets and on AXe FXIII I understand how channels work within each amp or effect

You're right. Scene controllers and other modulators add another layer of control.

Since the op didn't mention them, I assume that's not how their presents are set up.
I don't use scene controllers, but I don't believe I need to for my scenes/effects to work within a preset using the different channels within an effect for a different effect setting for each scene

yes each scene has the effects block on a different channel. So scene 1 pitch set to channel A with fixed harmony. Scene 2 pitch set to channel B whammy. I'm not great with tech but I've been using AX8 for several years. I understand scenes and presets and on AXe FXIII I understand how channels work within each amp or effect
Cool, didn't mean to doubt your understanding.

Maybe post the preset then. Is it just one preset that has these issues?

Are you seeing this in Axe-Edit or also from the front panel?
I'm using axe-edit. Not editing from front panel, though I probably could, but easier with axe-edit. But it is not just that it changes in axe-edit, it is changing as I play, in other words the axe-edit changes are heard when playing

I'm local if you want some in person help. I don't use a FAS FC but do know my way around the AX3.

For the second oddity, it sounds like you have auto engage turned on in the Wah and Delay block modifiers.

Not at my III, and I've never done this so I'm vague, but I think I remember that modifiers can be on any one channel, or all. Sounds like all might be the problem maybe?

Back
Top Bottom