Ver 6 will not do backup

ericar

Inspired
I just updated toQuantum 6 and after a restart I decided to do backup. After a few second my AXE crashes
and fractal bot says it has timed out. My axe has a blank screen until I restart.

After 2 crashes I restarted and then just switching patches with the value knob on the AXE locked it up. I then restarted and backed up a few new individual patches which worked fine and then did a full backup with no problem.
???? I will report if anything else strange happens. I am using an AXE FX II XL+

Corrupt presets? What happens if you replace the presets with a known-good preset from something like a factory bank?

Just happened again. Just switching presets , the screen goes blank for a few seconds then the opening screen that says Quantum comes up and locks the AXE up. I can't always make it happen but it might be axe edit which I also updated.

I'm wondering if my CPU usage is high. My preset number 34 FAX Lead 1 on Scene 1 is using 75%. Is this the same with others?

Just went back to 5.02 and have the same problem. Either I have made a bad preset or it is Fractal Bot or axe edit

As far as presets go, It crashes during the backup of bank A which are all factory presets.
If any Bank is all Factory presets and giving you problems backing up then use Fractal-Bot to replace/overwrite that whole Bank with a fresh Factory Bank from the most recent available for download on the FAS site.

I've been trying different firmware and preset banks and haven't had a crash today. The more I think about it the more I think that it was something to do with the driver or software. Every time it crashed I was running Axe edit or fractal bot and my computer would have a timeout message then the Axe would crash. One time I got the timeout error and it didn't crash the Axe FX.

i recently had something similar happening. after seeking help on the forum I ended up contacting service. It was some sort of problem with the memory so they replaced the motherboard and all is well again. I'd suggest re-downloading the FW and also loading only factory banks of presets. If the problem persists, contact support for help, they're awesome!

Back
Top Bottom