Van Halen - Summer Nights without Transtrem

Colin Young

This is a preset I made to use for the song Summer Nights by Van Halen. The original recording used a Steinberger Transtrem, which changes the pitch of the guitar. If you don't have a Transtrem you can't play this song easily. That is why I created this preset. There is a scene setup for each tuning (Intro, Main, and Solo). This was adapted from the Later Eddie preset.

Attachments

• Summer Nights With Scenes.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 78
Wow, thank you. I've been working with that in a fixed tuning, no Transtrem/Steinberger... inverted

I have to work on it a long time to get close, and seem to often hit a bad note going through the passage at performance speed! I don't have really long fingers like Van Halen, Vai, or Eric Johnson who use these inversions. Higher up the neck, is ok!
Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 1.51.00 PM.png

Wow, thank you. I've been working with that in a fixed tuning, no Transtrem/Steinberger... inverted

I have to work on it a long time to get close, and seem to often hit a bad note going through the passage at performance speed! I don't have really long fingers like Van Halen, Vai, or Eric Johnson who use these inversions. Higher up the neck, is ok!
View attachment 107802
Glad you liked it. Happy to help! I was learning the song without the transtrem and noticed how hard it was to do in standard tuning. Then I saw someone use a capo for the beginning and then take it off. So thought why not use the virtual capo with scenes.

Back
Top Bottom