Van Halen - Mean Streets

This is sooo cool for many reasons. I think if Eddie heard this himself he may very well shit his drawers in the amazement of the Axe FX II. To reiterate what a wise man once said, "DAYUM!"

It posts the preset on Axe-Change. It does this whenever it's told.

180.460x325.jpg

It posts the preset on Axe-Change or else it gets the hose again.

As an avid collector of VH DVD boots, I can tell you that you're playing it as well as Eddie does live, that's pretty amazing. If you get a chance to track down the 4/1/12 show - it's basically a two-hour Blu-Ray closeup of Ed for the entire concert. Didn't play Mean Streets that night but otherwise it's like a textbook on how to play EVH.

where would one find this show?

I've been working on mainly the slap part of the intro for quite some time and still have a way to go with it. The funky part in the bridge is close but I'm still missing a note or two there. I fall in and out of the pocket for some reason on the rhythms. I just couldn't get a solid take. I have half of the solo and need to figure out the rest so I didn't include the solo and beyond.

Now with all the bad stuff out of the way. When I finish and am happy with a performance from beginning to end I plan to do a video showing off my new Suhr, FW 12.04 and hopefully the slap intro the way it should be played. :) I was burned out on working on the intro so I decided to throw this together to see how the new FW fit in the mix. There are times this crude recording put a big smile on my face so I had to share. :)

Mean Streets Attempt No. 1

Outstanding man...thanks for sharing..!

I've been working on mainly the slap part of the intro for quite some time and still have a way to go with it. The funky part in the bridge is close but I'm still missing a note or two there. I fall in and out of the pocket for some reason on the rhythms. I just couldn't get a solid take. I have half of the solo and need to figure out the rest so I didn't include the solo and beyond.

Now with all the bad stuff out of the way. When I finish and am happy with a performance from beginning to end I plan to do a video showing off my new Suhr, FW 12.04 and hopefully the slap intro the way it should be played. :) I was burned out on working on the intro so I decided to throw this together to see how the new FW fit in the mix. There are times this crude recording put a big smile on my face so I had to share. :)

Mean Streets Attempt No. 1

Really outstanding. One of the best I've heard. Until the part before the song starts, I thought I was listening to the record!

MM

Honestly, if someone posted this and said it was Ed's B take from the Fair Warning studio sessions, I would absolutely believe it. That was fucking great! Perfect feel, tone and full of the nuance that makes playing like King Edward so damn hard to pull off. Home run dude. I'm going to blast that album in your honor on my drive to the store right now.

Back
Top Bottom