Van Halen - Mean Streets

Narzugon

Power User
I've been working on mainly the slap part of the intro for quite some time and still have a way to go with it. The funky part in the bridge is close but I'm still missing a note or two there. I fall in and out of the pocket for some reason on the rhythms. I just couldn't get a solid take. I have half of the solo and need to figure out the rest so I didn't include the solo and beyond.

Now with all the bad stuff out of the way. When I finish and am happy with a performance from beginning to end I plan to do a video showing off my new Suhr, FW 12.04 and hopefully the slap intro the way it should be played. :) I was burned out on working on the intro so I decided to throw this together to see how the new FW fit in the mix. There are times this crude recording put a big smile on my face so I had to share. :)

Mean Streets Attempt No. 1

Wow !! awesome tone and playing .. it's not an easy song to play,
been fiddeling around with the intro a couple of times but never really got it :)
Now you made me want to try again ..

:)

Sounds great well done man ! ^^ I bet he used one of those new fangled app thingies.
I wore out the grooves on the LP and my parents patience trying to learn that riff , I was basicly just banging on the strings and moving my LH around lol

Back
Top Bottom