Van Halen live 1984

Been watching this off and on over the last few days. This is hella old news but new to me...I didn't realize Michael Anthony was pulling double duty on keyboards! in 'I'll Wait' he has a keyboard and takes over during the guitar solo section
Yeah, and MA has a 4-keyboard rig for some reason. Also Ed replaces the guitar solo in Jump with a keyboard solo.

Yeah, and MA has a 4-keyboard rig for some reason. Also Ed replaces the guitar solo in Jump with a keyboard solo.
All those keyboards must've been a real affront to DLR. maybe that's the moment he was like eff this. I'm leaving this band. The other thing that stands out is Eddie's guitar tone. Its not the best recording but not nearly as much gain ...just sheer volume and Im sure power amp distortion ...his playing is just so clean

All those keyboards must've been a real affront to DLR. maybe that's the moment he was like eff this. I'm leaving this band.
That was my first thought, but then I thought well, with those guys back there behind the keys, DLR has the whole stage to himself. And what's not to like about that for him?

Back
Top Bottom