Van Halen live 1984

I haven't finished watching it yet, but despite the less than stellar sound quality, I'm enjoying it.

Roth's voice sounds great and he's actually in key the whole time.

And anyone who ever tried to take anything away from Micheal Anthony (including Ed and Alex) should be ashamed of themselves. He is the quintessential rock band bassist, and his harmony vocals are a crucial component of the VH signature sound.

I really wish I could have seen them but I never managed to.

I can't believe this was already 40 years ago (ok, 39, but close enough!). Damn, I feel old...

A show from that tour may well have contributed to my current tinnitus - lost hearing for a few days after. The shows from the early DLR years were rediculously loud from the PA (I had similar experience at the WACF tour) - in hindsight, not really all that enjoyable compared to later years shows from a sonic standpoint, but in terms of how hyped my buds and I were to be there as VH freaks in those early years: fond memories.

I like this from @unix-guy: “Roth's voice sounds great and he's actually in key the whole time.”
I'm a huge fan of DLRs voice on early VH and the first few DLR solo albums...

But most live performances I'd seen before were not great, and more recent album and live (A Different Kind of Truth era) stuff was just bad, in my opinion.

Since i first heard that opening punch of running with the devil, I became an instant fan. I was lucky enough to see them live starting in 81 and several times until their final show at the hollywood bowl. The legend lives on!

Been watching this off and on over the last few days. This is hella old news but new to me...I didn't realize Michael Anthony was pulling double duty on keyboards! in 'I'll Wait' he has a keyboard and takes over during the guitar solo section

Back
Top Bottom