• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Van Halen 1 Preset - "I'm the one"

PincoTech

Experienced
Here is an "attempt" at playing I'm the one from VH1 using the AXE FX III. The playing isn't great, but I think the tone is really close to the Eddie Van Halen isolated track.

Nicely done! That’s a killer preset your got going

mike132

Ok, as requested here is the preset! (This is the same one I used on the Eruption post with the dive bomb delay thing.)
There are 3 scenes - 1 is basic VH1 sound (I'm the one, etc.) 2 is more delay (i.e. ATBL) and 3 is Eruption (adds plex delay).
Enjoy!

Attachments

• VH1 - 3 modes.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 98

mike132

I'd say you just need to brighten it up and maybe lower the variac a bit to make it more chewy:
A lot of it has to do with the transcoding to MP3 for posting, the direct sound is brighter and "chewier" especially at volume. But either way I posted the preset so feel free to tweak :cool:

mike132

A lot of it has to do with the transcoding to MP3 for posting, the direct sound is brighter and "chewier" especially at volume. But either way I posted the preset so feel free to tweak :cool:
Also there is a "hair" to the original that I have had a hard time emulating in the AF3... I actually tried adding some blown speaker type sounds but still can't quite get it...

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
Ok, as requested here is the preset! (This is the same one I used on the Eruption post with the dive bomb delay thing.)
There are 3 scenes - 1 is basic VH1 sound (I'm the one, etc.) 2 is more delay (i.e. ATBL) and 3 is Eruption (adds plex delay).
Enjoy!

Thanks for the preset...your clip sounds really close!

Severed

Fractal Fanatic
what are you amplifying with at volume?
jus curious

you definitely got that early eddie style down! nice!

Top Bottom